Sandbox Medusa

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by AnimuX, Apr 28, 2009.

1. AnimuX

AnimuX Ancient

Map Name: Medusa
    Base Map: Sandbox

Description: This map is set up in the Skybox for some great Slayer, Oddball and KOTH games. The symmetrical design provides four bases with tunnels linking them to the center "Eye" of the map. The center tubes have lifts to launch players up to the OS platform. This map is sure to provide some thrilling competition and more than a few accidental deaths. (Up to four teams - Just don't look down)

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Abutt

Abutt Ancient

wow man this looks amazing this is actually somthing i have been looking for thanks dude awesome cant wait to play it

3. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

This looks like an interesting take on KOTH. However, it does not look like something I would download. You definitely took the time to put in aesthetics, but the whole idea of it just seems bland and unoriginal. Sure the tubes make it quite different, but honestly, the directions that people can attack you from seem too small and besides the center area, everything just seems like ideas you took from other maps jumbled together.

I don't know how to explain my resistance of this map better than this so I apologize if this was not useful information.

Edit: I realize that part of my hesitance might be to the symmetry. If you made each of the four corners unique then I might actually download this. but they don't need to be just unique to each other, but unique to things you might see on any ordinary map

#3 Drummerguy360, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. Xang

Xang Ancient

It all looks great and the forging is well done, but it is not something i would download. I just find the unless your planning on camping at bases, then the whole map is based on the center, and for four teams it would be way to tiny to battle in and people would die way to easy. Also with the tubes, it looks like that the only thing you can get to the center with is the tubes, meaning the if you had a BR is something like that then you could just BR the people down the hall or spawn kill. Maybe if you were to make a V2 you could make the bases more unique and try making the center have more cover along with making it bigger, Overall I would rate it a 3/5.