Sandbox Medusa 2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by AnimuX, May 1, 2009.

1. AnimuX

AnimuX Ancient

Map Name: Medusa 2
    Base Map: Sandbox

Description: This is an improved version of my custom map, Medusa. Set in the skybox, this map is defined by four identical corner bases that tunnel in to the 'Eye of Medusa' in the center of the map. Man cannons located at the four corners will launch players up to high platforms that can alternately be reached through the center. This combined with the bridges at the map's edge allow players to traverse the map from several different directions. Additional changes from the original include the removal of active camo, changes in weapons and equipment and spawns. This map is setup for Team Slayer, Oddball, and KOTH of up to four teams for some great multi-team action!

Weapons, Equipment and More:
    - Each of 4 Corner Bases: 2x BR, 1xAR, 2x Sticky
    - Each Tunnel to Corner Bases: 1x AR (top), 1x Mauler (inside)
    - On Bridge: 2x BR (one at each end), 1x Deployable Gravlift
    - Each of 2 High Platforms: 1x BR, 1x AR, 1x Brutshot (in tunnel), 1x Deployable Bubble Shield
    - 4x Frag in the center (entrance to each lift)
    - Overshields spawn at the top in the center of the map.
    - KOTH games will see the hill in the center (high and low) as well as rotating around and Oddball games will see the ball spawn in the center (high).

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 AnimuX, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. WhiteRice321

WhiteRice321 Ancient

Interesting layout, i especially like the lighting on the center, however it looks like all those tubes leading out of the middle could get a little confusing in distinguishing between each other w/o practice. Perhaps add some lights or distinguishing features to the corners to help with directions. Good Job overall though

3. Riku

Riku Ancient

First off, I have to say I love the concept of this map, and the aesthetics look great, especially the center – the center looks fantastic, and so does the rest of the map.

Second, I would like to know a little bit more about the map, as it's kind of hard to tell what weapons you have placed. Could you provide a list, perhaps? Also, what exactly is the point to getting to the top platforms; is it just for a greater vantage point, or is there some sort of power weapon available?

EDIT: Oh ok, gotcha. I'll be sure to check it out and see how well it plays.

#3 Riku, May 1, 2009
  4. AnimuX

AnimuX Ancient

Edit:Thanks for the compliments! Let me know if you like how it plays out. :-D

-Each Corner Base: 2x BR, 1xAR, 2x Sticky
    -Each Tunnel to Corner Base: 1x AR (top), 1x Mauler (inside)
    -On Bridge: 2x BR (one at each end), 1x Deployable Gravlift
    -Each High Platform: 1x BR, 1x AR, 1x Brutshot (in tunnel), 1x Deployable Bubble Shield
    -4x Frag in the center (entrance to each lift)
    -Overshields spawn at the top in the center of the map.
    -KOTH games will see the hill in the center (high and low) as well as rotating around and Oddball games will see the ball spawn in the center (high)

#4 AnimuX, May 1, 2009