Mazement

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by goomaestro005, Feb 6, 2011.

1. goomaestro005

goomaestro005 Forerunner

[​IMG]

Mazement is a symmetrical map I had originally planned on submitting to the FH Throwdown contest, but decided to enter something else since this map is more on the plain side. The map is best suited for 1v1 or 2v2 matches, and since it is such a small map I would suggest only using SWAT, Slayer Pro, and Classic Slayer (no loadouts).

My original concept was to create a small scale map with tight areas for a more close quarters feel with little open space; that and to also make each side a bit of a maze, hence the map name. Though the map isn't very maze-like, there are twists and turns that allow you to lose opponents if they are able to slip through an opening.

Like I said, the map is very simple. There are not a ton of weapon choices to choose from, though there will be a good amount of weapons in general quantity if playing 1v1. The weapons on the map are:

2 Turret Guns - 30 second respawn
    4 DMRs - 60 second respawn - 2 clips
    2 Needlers - 30 second respawn - 1 clip
    2 Shotguns - 90 second respawn - 0 clips
    2 Plasma Rifles - 60 second respawn
    1 Grenade Launcher - 120 second respawn - 4 clip
    1 Overshield - 120 second respawn (does not appear upon game start)
    4 Frag and 4 Plasma Grenades - 20 second respawn

Images
    View from Initial Spawn; the grav lift takes you to the second floor while the two gaps on either side bring you to a 'basement' level
    [​IMG]

The area behind the initial spawn room; Not Shown: the wall seperating the Red and Blue side with door ways that have one way shields over them (one way flow through the doors)
    [​IMG]

A ramp behind each spawn room leading to a 'basement' level
    [​IMG]

A corner view of the 'basement'
    [​IMG]

Another view of the 'basement'; the ramps you see on the left take you to red and blue sides
    [​IMG]

These ramps are on each side of both bases (four areas total), and allow you to go from either base easily from the basement. EDIT: I updated this part by adding in one way shields so that you can only come up from the basement level and not through from the red and blue bases on the first level
    [​IMG]

Second level, view from blue side to red side
    [​IMG]

What both sides look like on the second level
    [​IMG]

The 'rooftop', where an overshield and a grenade launcher are housed; notice the four gaps around the roof, two of which allow you to drop down to the second level and turret gun, the other two which drop you down to the first level
    [​IMG]

#1 goomaestro005, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011