Maverick

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Psycho, Oct 19, 2008.

1. yoflorg

yoflorg Ancient

Wow

Dude I knew you would put this on Forgehub! I remember in like August when you first showed me this! Stin10 and I freaked out! This is an increadeble map anyone who doesn't DL this is missing half of their brain! Awsome job. Oh and my x-box broke:( so I won't b playing for a while.

2. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

what a great map! I'll have to say, that curved tunnel looks perfect. Great job! I also love the checker wall, very creative. Gameplay looks nice. Interlocking and geomerging look good. Nothing really bad to say about this map. 5/5

3. l Himitsu l

l Himitsu l Ancient

the curved tunnel has nice interlocking...a little messy on the outer wall but its understandable 4.5/5

4. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

Thanks, I forgot to tell you about the post. I'm also working on a v2 if you want to see that before release if you get your xbox back soon.

Yes, the outer wall is kind of messy, but in the v2 I'm currently working on, the outer wall will be torn apart and rebuilt fully interlocked. Thanks for the comment.

5. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

this map is the ****, simply because it is john mccaine. ;]

anyway, it does look pretty sick nasty. the layout looks like it would provide nice gameplay. i like the curved tunnel a lot, as well as the second level, how there is the spot where you can see up there. the weapons set and placement seem like it would work very well.
    i'll have to dl and play it.

6. CD Shot 47

CD Shot 47 Ancient

wut?? only 4 stars? the interlocking/neatness of this map is amazing! To be honest, i dont thnik there is anything this map is lacking. great job. you definitely have 5 stars from me....

7. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Sorry it took me soo long to get to you, but at least i made it just before it could be a necro-post. *sigh of relief*

Aesthetics:

Aesthetics were alright although a few spots just seemed a bit messy. The curved wall is really awesome, it was mostly clean with very little bumps. The map barrier/surrounding walls aren't just walls but youve made them look nice as well as being pretty original.
    7/10. 70%

Gameplay:
    I only got a few 1v1 slayer games on it but i give 1v1s on this map a thumbs up. The only problem I seen with this was that high grounds were very easy to control but it wasn't much of a problem if you are 1v1ing a person that is about the same skill range as you are. For the weapons... They were greatly placed. The main power weapon being the beam rifle was a good choice as well. It was placed basically on the low grounds causing you to run the whole way to the other side of the map to before it was much of a problem, then when the person arrives there he only has a few shots to make and then he has to wait for a new one b/c of you not being able to pick up ammo. well thought outbud.
    8/10. 80%

Over all:

This map is deff worth a DL if you like playing with smaller parties.
    7.5/10. 75%

8. Soren515

Soren515 Ancient

Looks great love the tunnel!!

9. bio

bio Ancient
    Banned

I'sent this consider spamming?

10. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

umm yea and if you look at the bottom right of his post, he got an infraction for it. And I would not be surprised if you got one of those red beauties right now. Technically your post is spam

11. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

Yeah, in the v2, Kidbomber and I are remaking a lot of the curved tunnel and it looks great so far. A few of the boxes were adjusted and I think only one more remains to be fixed.

Thanks to SweenyTodd, I originally had two snipers (one in the tower lol), and through lots of testing, we decided that a beam rifle would be best.

#51 Psycho, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  12. Jose.E

Jose.E Ancient

your are right chaos, this both are awesome, the video is great and the music, the theme of the map... absolutly marvelous. good job.