Maverick

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Alex the Plamf, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Alex the Plamf

Alex the Plamf Forerunner

Hello

this is my second map posted

this one is not a race map however

Maverick was built specifically for big team games

It is built primarily for invasion, capture the flag, assault and includes a gametype setup for the invasion although you can use any gametype (make sure the red team are attackers during custom invasion gametypes)

[​IMG]
    This is an overview, the map consists of two home bases on opposite sides and two frontline bases, the bases are completely different and the map has an asymetrical design
    inbetween the frontline bases there's a no mans land with a few tight combat areas

[​IMG]
    This is the view from the blue frontline base to the red
    each has a sniper and good sniping spots for the camper in you

[​IMG]
    Each base has a warthog and two mongeese the blue one shown above has more of a garage

[​IMG]
    I left low level weapons at the bottom of some of the mancannons so you can send your teammates a weapon without going in yourself

[​IMG]
    This elevator at the bottom of red homebase seems poorly designed because it is elevated but I had to lift it to stop people jumping and descending into it causing them to lose momentum and not make it to the top of the base :'3

[​IMG]
    This curious shield is actually my sword dispenser
    Im sure if I hadn't mentioned it curiosity would have gotten the better of you anyway
    melee to release the sword

[​IMG]
    The banshee is located exactly in the middle of the red and blue spawnpoints, these turrets are in place on each homebase to stop the banshee from overpowering the game
    focus on destroying them if you plan to fly it

INVASION

If you are planning to play invasion here are a few notes

[​IMG]
    This huge wall will appear to hinder the red teams attack
    capture one of the zones in the red frontline base to bring down the wall

[​IMG]
    The blueteam will be on the other side of the wall and able to pass through the one way shields to defend the capture points
    the mancannons will ensure the blue team reaches a defensive position before the red team can start the attack

[​IMG]
    Once the wall is down two more capture points will appear, these will collapse the second wall and open the blue base, allowing the red team access to the core
    the blue frontline base has a great view of both capture zones and is a great defending spot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once the second wall is down the blue base opens at the front and back
    mancannons above the warthog garage and behind the base provide access to anyone without a jetpack

[​IMG]
    Once you have the core return it to this landing pad infront of the blue frontline base for extraction
    there is a one way teleporter behind the blue base which will get you halfway there

Please play and get back to me

I have only done testing with small groups and nowhere near as much as I wanted to

I would love feedback and perhaps tips on improvement

also any bugs or mistakes you find would be appreciated

Thank you :3

2. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

ok. this map looks good, but if this is a serious map, there should be no weapon dispenser.

And in what universe did you learn that shade turrets counter banshee's?
    Cuz shade turrets dont counter anything. They suck. Try putting in a spartan laser with very low respawn, or two rocket launchers. Seriosly, shade turrets take a long time to rotate, the bullets are slow, andhave almot no damage at all

3. newbieninja2

newbieninja2 Forerunner

i really like the asymetrical base design, but it looks to be a bit... how do i put this, unfit for invasion, i like the sniper floating over the grav lift but i think most people wont notice it and/or not have the reflexes to get it.

4. Alex the Plamf

Alex the Plamf Forerunner

ok so lets not call it a dispenser

that makes it sound like some sort of vending machine

lets call it hidden, I was just playing with the idea but Im definately thinking about taking it out now

Ok so it was really silly to say that about shade turrets

especially since I hate the things and never use them, I think I just liked the idea of the shade turrets more than the practical side (a mistake on my part)

there are two anti air weapons on the map with the default respawn time

plus banshees are overrated anyway, bit of dmr and its a gonner or a couple of sniper bullets

thanks for the input though

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

you should download it and play it because you seem to have judged it on the picture

there is no sniper floating over a gravlift it was me switching weapons at the bottom and sending it up

when it lands my teammates could get it

I guess the novelties are just me playing with ideas

#4 Alex the Plamf, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011