Mausoleum

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Zendarrun, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

i can see where paragon has really inspired this, the stairs in a V, the enclosed cieling. this is good. i do like the geomerging most stuff. means devotion.

2. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

After download Desolate Mine and really liking it, I had to have a look at this when I saw it, and I'm really glad I did. This is another quality map with faultless aesthetics and atmosphere. You have, again, managed to make a map that is really close quarters in areas, and really enclosed, but does not feel too restrictive.

This map is another small but perfectly formed CQB style map, but is even heavier on the power weapons. This is something that I generally disapprove of, but I think this map may actually make it work, and CTF games look like they would be really intense, especially one flag.

As before, your aesthetic touches are great. The archway made of walls, with the trip mine above it, looks really good and is a nice way to divide the map giving interesting lines of sight from the top of the defender base. The curved, triangular corridor is even nicer, and the interlocking here, as with the map as a whole, is really great. Whilst its true that interlocking and aesthetics aren't everything, its still nice to see a map that is really immersive and nice to look at, like this one.

The portals are nice as well, even if they aren't the first of their kind, they fit well with the rest of the map's look. However, when you walk into the one in the defender base it says the tele is blocked, you have to jump into it for it to work. If this could be solved it would allow much more fluid movement, and avoid any annoying deaths due to a missed jump. Going the other way it works fine though, and I think it is a surprisingly well integrated tele system, they're normally something that I avoid.

Another good map from you Zendarrun, if you produce another close quarters map then you could have a really great CQB triple map pack. You're one to watch, and I'll be sure to look out for your work in future, please drop me a PM when you release your next map if you have the time, as I'd be really keen to have a look.

3. Zendarrun

Zendarrun Ancient

yes, paragon was the sole inspiration for this map.

and Pegasi, a triple map pack sounds BRILLIANT!
    WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!?