Master Hand

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Eyeless Sid, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Map description:
    The map is based off the unique fighting arenas that were in the Super smash bro game series. I wanted to make a platform, to fight on that was familar and unique at the same time. I picked the hand from the Supper smash bro games and you can play on Master Hand which is holding a magic eye floating in his hand [that is a secondary platform]. There are two launching platforms on either side of the lower map next to each teams base. You can use these launcher as anouther way to get on the hand. Also under the hand are 4 side bases 2 on either side and 3 staricases leading to the collom walkways allong the outer wall. In the center of the walkway there is a two way stargate to telleport you to the wrist of Master Hand and continue the battle on Master Hand .

Gametype Description:
    The game type pretty simple you have two teams or a FFA setting to fight for the hand in a KOTH setting. You start with Hammers and needlers that help you greatly. These wepeans work well off the hill but you need them in the hill more to push other players off the hand and the fingers which players will need to control seperatly. There are 7 hills from the palm and floating platform and all 5 fingers. Players in the hill are invinceable so you'll need to use your needler , hammer or grenades to move enemies off the hill so you can kill them then. Players off the hill have 125 speed 75%gravity and 300% damage resistance so players have stronger shields. Although the player shields are stronger you can still kill the enemy easily with 2 hammer hits ,one clip of needler ,or a few grenades that regenerate after use. players on the hill have higher gravity so they are easier to push off with hammer or needler explosions. This is very true especialy on the fingers. Watch your back for if you don't players will assasinate you in the hill and the body count will rise. [Its basecaly like A supper smash bro gametype where you have to knock players off the playing field or hand in this case] Special thanks to the testers and Ferretness and Insane for their help on the map processing.

UPDATE: Slayer Game type description: The slayer Gametype is very chaotic with random secondary weapons and a hamer starting weapon. This is the normal player weapons now the normal players settings include the following Gravity:75% ,Speed: 125% , Damage resistance 300%[so players have a crazy fights where anyone can win.] Grenade regeneration enabled ,Forced color white [so you can tell the differance between a leader and other players.] Waypoints are visable to everyone [so theres always a fight no hiding will ever be possible lol.] There are no radars though so assassinations are encuraged as the players are stonger.Shields Normal [but dont be fooled the damage ressistance will still be in efect]Score first to 25, Time limit 10 minutes , Round only one, scoring extra points for beat downs ,assasinations and sticks.

Leader Traits: The leader only has small advantages over the other players and this includes the folowing Forced color Red so hes more visable to other players allong with the waypoint above his head. He only has a different starting weapon set, Sword and needler which are very powerful in this slayer varient. Remember everyone is the leader at the start of a game so everyone will be evenly matched at the begining because everyone will have the same weapons. After someone dies though then the fun begins because everyones secondary weapon will be randomized besides for the leader which will have the same weapons until he loses the lead.

Weapons/equipment: Theres not many items on th map just two rockets on the top of either base and a buble shield on the bottom stiar case floating above a barricade.

[​IMG]
    Hand from finger view
    [​IMG]
    Hand from wrist view
    [​IMG]
    Side luancher
    [​IMG]
    Wrist stargate
    [​IMG]
    Ground stargate to get ontop of hand
    [​IMG]
    side bases under hands fingers and main staircasses with pillars lining them
    [​IMG]
    side base entrance door
    [​IMG]
    front base entrance door
    [​IMG]
    base top with lift vissable and rockets on top by the barrier
    [​IMG]
    Base located under hands wrist
    Map link Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing
    Gametype Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

UPDATE!: Slayer Gametype: Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

#1 Eyeless Sid, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
    American10 and FreshCherry like this.
  2. Kyfion

Kyfion Ancient

Well im not the greatest forger around but i would have to say i like that hand! Look quite real in screenshot 2, anyways Ill download and give it a 4/5 because the gameplay wouldnt seem to be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING but it'll still be neat. Thats just my opinion. I'll have to see for myself aye?

keep up the good work

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  3. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

I never would have thought of making a hand for a game! It is nicely interlocked, neatly made, and looks like it has nice gameplay. 5/5

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  4. B3NJ4M1N08

B3NJ4M1N08 Ancient

Oh cool! I am a fan of super smash bros. 64 this is cool how you made the final boss Master Hand a playable map. I never would've thought of this. Your interlocking is very neat and smooth, you have a master hand at forging i see. This is the best super smash map I've seen so far. Great job 5/5 and may the forge be with you.

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  5. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Than you guys for the comments I'm planning on adding a slayer gametype soon so you don't have to just play KOTH but you'll be able to play team or FFA slayers on it.That will be added soon-ish

6. Chicken Dippah

Chicken Dippah Ancient

Dont usually post around here on new maps untill I see one worth my time, Needless to say Sid you have produced yet another incredible aesthetic map, Only its actually playable which is a bonus too. But really that hand looks immense pal good job.

Very neat and looks very playable GJ <3 Chicken Dippah

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  7. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

I'll try it out, looks and sounds pretty unique.

8. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

very good hand you've got there. it definitely looks well built and the first second i saw it i could tell it was a hand. basically what i'm saying is that this is an incredible map. i think this map should be featured. it really should! and it's one of the few maps built the way that it is that is also playable.

9. SitarHero980

SitarHero980 Ancient

I remember playing this game alot when I was little and Its nice to see a reference too its greatness. Anyways...The hand is very well made. Too bad there is no lever system in forge too make the hand close on you if you were on it too long. I love it. 5/5

10. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

simply awesome... added to "Q" that is simply aestheticly pleasing. 5/5

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  11. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

insane interlocking
    great astetics
    love the eye
    and super smash

12. Gamer720

Gamer720 Ancient

I must say, this is very well forged and interlocked. I have always loved the Super Smash Bros Series. I will have to check this out later. Great job, I can't wait to see how it is played. 5/5 buddy great job.

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  13. American10

American10 Ancient

Finally this is posted, i loved to play test this map, it is so original, fun, and it spreads a few laughs around.One of my favorite parts on this map is the grav lift and powerups in the middle putting you on the middle platform.5/5

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  14. H@lo Cr@zy

H@lo Cr@zy Ancient

I love this map and I love super smash bros

15. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

yo sick fun testing this with you and the map is mofoing awesome ill think that this deserves a feature!!! great interlocking and great gameplay good job.

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  16. forgyforge

forgyforge Ancient

Uh...Stupid idea for the hand, but great name, great interlocking, and rest of just looks cool, i'll try and download, then tell you how it goes.

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  17. II AceMasta II

II AceMasta II Ancient

Wow i never thought this would look like it did when i first saw this sid but all i have to say is wow that is just plane amazing forging. I mean it looks so realistic and the idea behind it is fantastic.
    5/5

18. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

ok the map is quite unquie, i love the hand idea. I enjoyed playing koth and tring to hold the hand. The hand itself is constructed very well and is smooth, alos i had fun merging that one single box into the crane lol, all in all great job, one of the better mini games ive seen lately.

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  19. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg I named this map!(I think), this is a definite feature, it's original and provides a new experience, the hand is flawlessly made.

Eyeless Sid likes this.
  20. Rose Red

Rose Red Ancient

Wow this is crazy definatly feature this. This is the only Hand map I've seen and its crazy I love the center of the eye with the mannncannon lift that launches you to th top of the eye. Great job!

Eyeless Sid likes this.