Mass Effect 1 & 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Camel Carcass, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I never had Grunt on my insanity playthrough on husk levels, I didn't think of his melee, I bet that would've worked great though. I had area Reave as my own bonus ability, combined with Miranda's area warp to knock out large groups of husk armor, then I used Jack's shockwave since it oneshots unarmored husks. Had Jack's squad warp ammo too, for more Husk and biotic barrier ownage. Individual husks I just used my Widow sniper rifle. Pretty funny actually, headshots didn't do that well against husks, but shoot them in the **** and their legs explode. Since infiltrators get time slowing when looking down the scope, it was pretty easy to take crotch or knee shots for one hit kills.

The point of all this is holy crap I need to play through this game again using different squad members for new and interesting tactics.

2. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

So, has anyone been playing any of the DLC?

3. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

I just bought and played Overlord and Shadow Broker, obviously couldn't put it down.

On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd give Overlord an 8. It wasn't very long, but it was quality and the end was kinda sad.

As far as Shadow Broker, I'd give it a 9. It had action, suspense, and some pretty easy achievements. Provided you play on Hardcore like myself. If you don't you will lose out on a 50G achievement. If you care about that stuff that is.

It also opens up and awesome scenario for ME3, could be exciting.

4. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

I've played all DLC apart from the Overlord and Shadow Broker.
    None was amazing, most still good.
    I don't think it's worth buying seperately unless you're sort of a fanatic and have already done anything. I'd wait and see if it all comes out as one large, discounted package, personally.

5. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

But those are the two best!

Shadow Broker definitely has the two best boss battles in the entire game. [SPOILERS] Playing Vanguard charge tag with the other spectre was just amazingly fun and exciting, and when you fight the SB and Shepard says "Then we do this the hard way" my jaw dropped.

Overall, definitely the best piece of downloadable content and, other than the suicide mission, it was my favorite mission in the game. I'm also really excited because I believe in an interview Bioware said that the story, combat, scale, and production value of the LotSB dlc is what almost every story mission in ME3 is based off of.

6. QKT

QKT Ancient

shadow broker is definitely the best.
    and definitely the hardest of the DLC's.

Overlord was kinda tedious because it was sooo clear it was just go clear these three dungeons then you can do this last one and done!

i was like, 'story lame story lame'
    they need to make the level cap more than 30