Map to low for Elites? Should i stay with it or just give up?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Deathreaper204, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Deathreaper204

Deathreaper204 Ancient

Alright so I have an infection map in the works and I remembered that elites were taller than spartans. So I tried out some of the crouching parts of the map where the zombies come from to give the feel of aliens coming from everywhere, but I realized that the elites were to tall so when I raised it just high enough where the elites have to crouch under the floor the spartans can freely just walk right under without crouching. Is there any way I can limit to what race the people are? If not should I stick with the map and make a rule to where only spartans can only play on it so everything is achievable, or is that to much?

2. Mallias

Mallias Forerunner

Ultimately, not being able to support Elite players will hurt your map.

That said, you can recommend that the map be played with Spartans only and if the map is fun enough, people will still play it... At least I would hope so...

How critical is the crouching to the overall feel and appeal of your map? That's a call you'll need to make.

EDIT: I'll point out that a lot of players don't like maps that require crouching... the ability to move and jump is CRITICAL to the successful play on a map...

#2 Mallias, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  3. Glasgow

Glasgow Ancient

You can give elites shitty loadouts and traits, further encouraging players to prefer spartans for this map.

4. Dabobyjoeson

Dabobyjoeson Forerunner

Just put it in the file description, NO ELITES