Map Security info (not preview)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by GruntHunter, Jun 1, 2011.

1. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

Hey guys its Grunthunter here again with my first map post (sorta) but I will not be posting any pics until the preview. The map is called Security (That is not the final name) and I will explain what it looks like in words. It is in the Colosseum. Two bases, blue and red, both have five entrances. Middle are has two stairs made out of railings, and has two other entrances to the middle. A base in each corner, two for red and two for blue. I need some help because I have no idea what to add to it in the middle so it's not as open.

2. Xun

Xun The Joker

The coliseum is a tricky are to utilize properly if youre using the entire space. Ive tried forging on there before and had a good centerpiece, but the areas around it were lacking in detail so I just condensed the area around the middle with walls and turned it into a sort of oblong shape. Dont try to overdo it if you build something in the middle, as often the simplest design can usually be better. Sometimes a simple raised platform with a few ramps, some kind of cover, and a little bit of aesthetic touch can be better than some kind of intricate structure. Just play around with it and see what you can come up with. Good luck!

3. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

Yea I have tried that but I like the look of the stairs better. Thanx

Send me a friend request and I will show you the map.

GT: White DuctTape

4. Xun

Xun The Joker

Ahh, I missed the part where you said the stairs in the middle. Yeh Ill have to have a look at it, its hard to base something off of a brief description. Ill add you next time Im online. Whats your timezone? We'll have to figure that out so I can get online at the same time as you.

#4 Xun, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  5. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

Well I am on right now if you get on I can show you cause I am still working on it

6. Xun

Xun The Joker

Nah I cant get on my Xbox at the moment. Right now, its 10.10pm where I am, what time is it there?

7. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

8:13 but yea this is a very closed space and I am trying my best to make it work

8. Xun

Xun The Joker

Hang on, Ill send you a PM so we dont spam up the forum. ; )

9. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

ok will do

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Now I have added new structures to the bases, like things on top of the base and man cannons to the center.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

OH!!! And one other thing I am gonna need some help testing it after I put all the spwans and weapons down.

#9 GruntHunter, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  10. EvilPretorian

EvilPretorian Forerunner

I wouldn't mind helping you test it what's your time zone so i'll be able to come on at the right time my GT:N00BYb00by1

11. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

My time zone is EST right now it 9:22