Map preview: Rampant (unfinished)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by PianoFrenzy, Jun 18, 2015.

1. PianoFrenzy

PianoFrenzy Halo 4 Era

This is a map I've been working on for some time now, and I just can't seem to figure out some parts of it, and how to make it look nice.

I'm struggling with connecting the map and adding walls around the curved walkway surrounding bottom mid.
    I'm hoping for an experienced forger who could help me fine-tune the current layout, as I'm stuck and I really want to finish this. Would REALLY appreciate it! :)

Here are some pictures:
    http://imgur.com/a/dnBb4

2. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Are you doing it pseudo-symmetrically? Off of the area behind the curved walkway I see one exit going up and one going down

3. PianoFrenzy

PianoFrenzy Halo 4 Era

That's correct! Very inspired by Construct, and I kind of like to freestyle a bit with the layout rather than settling for a symmetrical. I don't know why, but I just tend to do that as that creates a much more diverse playing experience. Any suggestions/tips for changes? I'm really struggling with the structure around the entire thing, and it just seems to be so clumsy to work with... Would really appreciate some experienced forgers to have a try at it :surprise:

Also, here's a quick walkthrough:
    http://xboxclips.com/THF+PianoFrenzy/68720aa4-2fa5-473c-bbf2-815ab7d953b9

#3 PianoFrenzy, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  4. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Saw your walk through of the final product in the shoutbox, looks like you finished it well! My only critique is that in some places you used a quick ramp, flat, ramp combination which I think is awkwardly bumpy. I would just use a shallower incline personally, I think the shallower the better!

5. PianoFrenzy

PianoFrenzy Halo 4 Era

Oh yeah, believe me I tried every possible way I could think of to only use one ramp. But It just wouldn't fit the gap :/ Not the final product tho now that you mentioned that! But I want to test-play it before attempting to change it :)

And if you were refering to the ramp, flat, ramp combination inside the red base then; Yeah, I could fix that. I just thought I'd give it a bit more variation instead of just another incline :p
    But I was more concerned about the ones leading to back-yellow :surprise: