Map Page Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Nov 13, 2021.

By I Crush All on Nov 13, 2021 at 12:16 AM
  1. I Crush All

I Crush All The Bojack Horseman of the Forge Community

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, today we have the long-awaited article mentioned in this Month's Community Favorites for the update on how to share your content!

I sat down with fellow community member ArturBloodshot and discussed some of the details revolving around what some of you may have been seeing circling online around the Halo API programing and link sharing; to clarify Artur isn't a developer on the site/program, but he's friends with the creator so I got a detailed tutorial of how to share maps and get others! Over the course of the last few days, they have recently released a Content Browser that is very simplistic and easy to understand compared to the previous method they released (messing with links, the image below).

[​IMG]

To my knowledge this way still works, however, the new Content Browser that the APi site has created is far easier to use and more simplistic so to each their own on this endeavor, but the recommended way is the way I will now detail!

Step 1: Go to XUGC | HaloDotAPI or https:///xugc.haloapi.com

Step 2: Sign in to your Xbox Account

Step 3: Select the Game and Type of file you are wanting to view

[​IMG]

Step 4: Go to the map (Must be set to visible in Halo 5) and select the button that says "Copy URL"

Step 5: Load up ForgeHub and go to an existing map and update the map link or go to the "Maps" page and post a new map while pasting the link into the "Map Link" Section

Step 6: Test the link to make sure the link works

Step 7: Bask in how cool you are for updating and posting new creations

Step 1: Go to the ForgeHub post you were wanting to download/bookmark

Step 2: Select Download Map

Step 3: Sign into your Microsoft account on the APi Site

Step 4: Bookmark the Map

This article is Vital to the site and how we operate and we wanted to get this right and make sure that no one was left behind or had to struggle with any of the steps, thankfully the APi made the Content Browser simplify the process and in turn making this Article release without making this confusing for everyone. Everyone should be sure to update their existing maps with these new links so the site can smoothly transition those who follow you and your work to the content they are trying to consume. Thank you everyone for going through this article and learning with us on this new process we all have to go through and please be sure to Update your current Map links as Waypoint links no longer function for forge creations or custom gametypes.

We will be posting a video soon on these exact steps as an extra reminder, and a more visual step by step guide for all those visual learners/listeners out there!

Be sure to update your maps, see y'all starside
    -Crush

The Thumbnail of Sgt.Forge was meant to be an allegory of us all looking toward the bright future of content creation in prior Halos and in Infinite, the partial darkness surrounding the light is Waypoint dropping support for UGC, with the light being our future with future Waypoint integration and the current APi support

#1 I Crush All, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Nov 13, 2021.