Map Name Classified (For Now)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ExoticNature, Dec 25, 2009.

?

Which version do you prefer?

1. Version A

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Version B

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Version C

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. ExoticNature

ExoticNature Forerunner

If you've been keeping up with my posts (Stalker Alert!) you've probably heard of some projects I've been working on. Even though it's very simple, a similar version of one of my projects was tested with extreme success in the past. This completely revamped version will hopefully raise a few eyes. I'm keeping this as quiet as possible but I've come to a point where I want you to help me choose the direction this map will go in (Well, kind of). I have three pictures that I am going to show you. Each is a different version of what my map could end up as. It is extremely small but I really need feedback for some...odd...reason. Here are the pictures:

Version A:
    [​IMG]

Version B:
    [​IMG]

Version C:
    [​IMG]

Please vote above, any and all feedback is appreciated! Oh, and this is probably the only time that any part of my map will be revealed to anyone.

2. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

I will be honest, lights distract me. Only use lights if you need to lead people somewhere, otherwise, it's just disorienting. I hope this helps and good luck with your map! I'm excited to see what it will actually turn into now.

3. One iiNSANE Kid

One iiNSANE Kid Forerunner

It just looks like a floating room, I don't get it?

4. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

Didn't he explain that in the text?

[​IMG]

5. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

version A. Not distracting.

Not really much else I can say except nice...err...box.

6. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Uhhhh... First one. However, that map will be small as hell.
    And I just want tobpointbout you're no cosmic Rick ( who I haven't seen muh of lately either o.o) so there is no need to hide your maps from the public until done. It's better to show them, because some people can see flaws in the pic you take.

7. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

I love lights. I don't agree with some of the other posts. The more lights the better. Three for me.

8. Ell3ment

Ell3ment Ancient

I would go with the red since it covers the sloppy ghost merging better than the blue. I do like the position of the map using the lights a little different than all the other maps i have seen use it. Hopefully it turns out good for gameplay.

#8 Ell3ment, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  9. sourdauer

sourdauer Ancient

version C, the red lights give more contrast between the floor and the walls.

10. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

My version, version D

Combine a red and blue light and put it farther away from the structure than the way you have it with your lights now. That way it will be purple and have a less distracting effect.

The way I see it now though is that it looks bumpy. Keep updating. You better go with version D.

11. urban destroyer

urban destroyer Ancient

version B.I like the blue with the red highlights.

12. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

I'd like to say that you should change at least the floor to either block huges or doubles to incorporate a smoother finish, a box of walls makes me cringe upon bumpy floor anxiety :) Anyway, I like Version three because it hides any "unperfect" little flaws such as a minor twitch in the walls that we all have encountered.

13. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

hmm without knowing what the rest of the map looks like i cant really comment on lighting, in fact, none of us can. We dont know how the lighting affects surrounding corridors and rooms...

14. ExoticNature

ExoticNature Forerunner

Actually, I used Ghost Merging for basically the entire building. But I guess I'll try to take your advice and see what happens. And because a lot of people voted "A" I could just leave it without any lights at all.

Everyone voted C because it hid all the horrible merging, didn't they? :(

15. Given To Fly

Given To Fly MP Level Designer
    343 Industries

Well heres the thing, people think ghost merging is a super accurate measure, when accually its not. Ghost merging makes things crooked too, even objects besides walls may come out different. The best thing to do for accuracy is the standard way, while ghost merging is merely faster.

Leave the lights to bases, not a red/blue/purple room to the side. :)

The marks don't affect gameplay, they just distract from aesthetics. I myself try to keep aesthetics perfect as I can, but sometimes its just impossible, I know.

However its done, It'll be fine I'm guessing as long as the bumps are kept to a minimum.