Map Idea - Oil Derrick

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by rootbear75, Oct 1, 2010.

1. rootbear75

rootbear75 Ancient

I had this thought last night of making an asymmetrical map based off of a generic Oil rig you may see in the ocean. While It is going to mostly be an aesthetic map, I was thinking of incorporating a 1 flag experience or assault.
    You have the oil derrick and the invaders will be taking off from the island, alaska or the cave to attack the derrick with falcons plant the bomb or capture the flag. Any ideas? do you think this would make a good map? let me know.

1 way shields will be preventing people from landing above the landing pads. I will probably be putting soft kill barriers around the edge of the oil derrick to prevent people from taking off on the top of the derrick and passing through with the bomb or flag (soft kill zones will reset all objective objects that pass through it)

#1 rootbear75, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Crock

Crock Ancient

Sounds awesome, I really want to play when you're done. If my xbox comes back in time I'd love to help, if you allow me to that is.

3. rootbear75

rootbear75 Ancient

i havent even started it. It's just an idea right now. But yea... I'll probably design the shell first (braces, pipes and platforms)

4. Locker

Locker Forerunner

remake the oil derrick on crackdown or the one in mercenaries 2

5. rootbear75

rootbear75 Ancient

never played either of those

6. Chan

Chan Forerunner

That actually sounds like a great idea.

I do believe something like that was made on Blackout.

7. rymcc83

rymcc83 Forerunner

Since reading this I have been playing with the idea of creating a map based loosely on an oil rig...

I'll let you know what I come up with.

8. rootbear75

rootbear75 Ancient

anyone want to help me with this? i got the platform done so I need help with the innards.

9. schleb

schleb Ancient

hey good pipe trick ive used on my maps (very aesthetic too!) is using GLASS COVER x2 flipped an merged with each to make a "V" shape, then placing a 5x1 in between them for the walkin area...just repeat the "V" shape for the top to make a roof (or what i did was place a 3x3 flat <---i think...to make a walking platform above the glass bridge...could be used as a means of driving across or as in extension for a landing pad...

when i get my map posted up ill try an give u a link to see what i mean (if i remember! lol)