Map Finished But Spawn Outside In Skybubble - Why?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by KingTaxMan, Apr 17, 2009.

1. KingTaxMan

KingTaxMan Ancient

Ok, so I believe this is where i post this. I've built my map in the skybubble using the newfound bungie download for skybubble forging called "skybubble prep".

But when I start a new round or simply start a customs team slayer game, my player as well as other players tend to start the game outside the map in the skybubble and fall to death in the first 2 seconds only to wait 10-15 more seconds for a respawn that then puts us in the map at a spawn point that I have placed.

What went wrong here? Anyone else experience this?

I found this out originally by trying to test the map before attempting to post it here. I looked at the area where I've spawned outside the map but found NO spawn point signaling why I spawned there in forge. I have 8 spawn points or more for both the Attackers and the Defenders.

What's makes you spawn outside the intended spawn points?

Help please.

2. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

This is most likely caused by starting points. Although you have respawn points there may be starting points still outside the map.

To fix this go into forge change to monitor mode then press start and change the gametype to slayer. You will now see the starting points which are making you spawn outside the map. Starting points will be available to place from the spawn points list, set starting points as well as respawn points and the problem should be fixed.

3. Spirit798

Spirit798 Ancient

I suggest changing to every gametype and deleting all starting points.
    Unless if your map will be solely available for 1 gametype.