Map Finished but Floor shifted.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Italiano, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Italiano

Italiano Forerunner

So I just got done finishing my map when some random friend I barely talk to came and moved one of my Coliseum walls I was using as a floor and didn't tell me. I tried fixing it 3 times, and the walls still shift unevenly. I even deleted all the floors and redid them, if someone could help me finish this simple thing so the map can be submitted I would be thankful.

2. Angel of Grief

Angel of Grief Forerunner

Don't use coliseum walls as floors unless their positions don't have to be exact. The shift while horizontal and there's nothing you or anyone can do about that other than tweak them so that when they do move, they move into the desired orientation. I would recommend using smaller pieces (like 5x5 blocks).

3. Patsteirer

Patsteirer Forerunner

Yeah. Though, if you had the map the way you liked it, you could go back into your recent games, and then select it there.

4. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Angel has it right, the shifting is going to happen and your choice is either ditch the walls or adjust for it. I always save and reload a few times while laying the floors until I get them to load lined up as close to perfect as possible. They will never load quite the way you save them.

5. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Not entirely correct.

The issue that Italiano has is that his flooring that he's placed is shifting, and it does it regardless of whether his friend came and "moved" a piece or not. The reason this occurs is because Wall Collesiums are so large, they cannot lock to 90 degrees on a horizontal axis.

Italiano: What you need to do, is completely freemerge your floor. It can be made perfectly flat, but it requires time and patience to do so.

1. Hold your Wall Collesium, Lock it to 90 degrees
    2. Get the wall to the correct height so the majority of the wall is inline.
    3. Remove the 90 degree lock, and adjust the tilt as appropriate.
    4. Save, Quit, Load the map in customs and inspect the finish.
    5. Once returning to forge, the pieces will have shifted again. All the 90 degree locked items will have shifted to the same tilt as the non-locked pieces. Complete all above steps over and over per wall collesium piece layed. You must remember NOT to touch the non-locked walls with a 90 degree lock in effect as it will completely mess your floor up again.

#5 Stevo, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  6. Italiano

Italiano Forerunner

This guy is seriously my hero, thank you for knowing what your talking about. You saved my map.

7. Solo Jeep

Solo Jeep Forerunner

Use micro move; put your pieces on the grid for easy adjustments. If you want me to jump in there to show you let me know. Micro move is also available I believe it is depress the left thumb stick.

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Yeah I encountered the same problem, and pretty much had the same fix. Good basic forging knowledge though, perhaps an article should be written.

9. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Yeah, probably actually... I guess I should write one out and get some pictures to help explain it. It took me a while to figure out the best fix on one of my maps as i was seriously pissed the floor kept shifting, so spent a good hour or 2 individually tweaking and rotating each piece accordingly :p