Map Files Being Overwritten?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by goomaestro005, Feb 4, 2011.

1. goomaestro005

goomaestro005 Forerunner

Okay, so I was currently working on two maps. One was supposed to be for the Throwdown contest, and the other just a project I am working on. I finished both for the most part, minus weapons and spawn points. Today I go into Forge and go into the non-Throwdown map, to edit a few labels for weapons, then I hit "Save Map" and exit.

I then go back into Forge World, a blank canvas, just to test something out very quickly, and I save this map as a Test Map.

I then try to go into my Throwdown contest map to make sure things are the way I want. When selecting the map the title is correct, but the file name is now the name of the other map I was making. So, pretty much an entire map down the drain for a reason I cannot find. Granted, it wasn't a huge map or anything, and I was able to recover it through the Temporary History, but it is kind of annoying that I spent time to finish a map, only for it to get overwritten out of nowhere.

Anybody know why something like this happened to see whether I can prevent it from happening again and me not being able to save it again from Temporary History in time?

#1 goomaestro005, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient