Man Cannon v3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Sgt Surchin, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Sgt Surchin

Man Cannon Map Pack

Cannon Map Pack
    Created by "Virus11010"

(please give these maps ratings)

Map Description
    -large artillery personnelle carrier
    -long launching distance
    -simply walk or drive into the barrel of said cannon
    -use radio antennae for long distance missiles

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Man Cannon v3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Man Cannon v4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

War-Cannon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sword Battle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Infectorama!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Railway Gun

[​IMG]

(Virus11010)

Man Cannon v4
    (Virus11010)

War-Cannon
    (dodadread1210)

Sword Battle
    (dodadread1210)

Infectorama!
    (Virus11010)

Railway Gun
    (coming soon...)

#1 Sgt Surchin, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. forgenarb

forgenarb Forerunner

think you could include the changes you made from the last version? these look like the same 3 pictures, plus a random one that has nothing to do with your map. it seems like all you did was make the post nicer, if that is the case you could've just edited your last thread

3. Sgt Surchin

the reason i posted again is because it belongs in asthetics and im trying to delete the other post

4. goop

goop Ancient

The map seems good but if one compares it to Mass Driver then it is truly a let down. Perhaps you could create a more sophisticated firing system. Perhaps even enlarge it as relative to the map the base is very small. Perhaps you could install the cannon on top of a tower, now that would improve it aesthetically. If you need help I am pretty good with these kind of inventions. For instance I have thought of a way to load the radio antennae into the cannon. I also have an idea that would boost the power of the cannon. If you would like to work with me, let me know. The map is ok but it could be so much better, I would currently give it a 3/5 but if you were to follow my suggestions I think it would go up to around a 4.5/5.

#4 goop, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. Sgt Surchin

the cannon is just run by a cynical little device i have created using man cannons. i just combined the power of two of those, added a transport system, and some filters. nothing special. if you want to make your own versions i highly encourage it. if you do i would enjoy seeing those versions.
    ---
    passed the 100 download marker!!!!!!!!!!
    ---
    please post remakes of this map. i strongly encourage your ideal ideas of my artillery cannon.

6. OneFruityGuy

OneFruityGuy Forerunner

I LOVE THIS MAP!!!!!!!!
    I Landed on my freind!!!!!!!!!

7. Sgt Surchin

i love your idea and will gladly work with you on a new version of this map. just send me a friend request and i will be able to get in in a few days since i am as of now visiting family, but as soon as i get home i would happily work on a new version with your help. of course you will indeed get credit for helping me make the map and i eagerly anticipate our time forging. =P

8. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

What exactly is the switch in this map? All I saw was run or drive into a small "cannon" and get shot maybe 100 yards. I can't even think of what gametype this could be played with.

Aesthetics:

Well, there wasn't much to look at once the map loaded. Let's start with the spawn area, shall we? It wasn't even an area, I spawned next to four shield doors, and the cannon. The cannon itself is decent looking and the random structures around serve just about no purpose at all.

Gameplay:

Non-existent

Layout:

Of all the places to buiild a large cannon, why in the dead center of the level? You've got damn near half your budget left and could easily have made more structures or least put more vehicles down. In your pictures above you show a ghost shooting out of the cannon, but when I started the game, all I saw was a lone warthog.

Originality:

This isn't the first cannon type map that I have seen and it probably won't be the last either. Because of this, you need to make yours stand out from the rest. Maybe think of a unique gametype that will work with the map.

To help you get started on a quest to find a ridiculous gametype, i'll spitball some ideas.

Let's do this ****; make another cannon directly opposite from this one, and have VIP's fight in mid-air with swords or something. There, that wasn't so hard.

The grav-lifts at the beginning of the cannon were kind of annoying aswell. I think they actually take off the maximum distance you could get out of this thing.

1/4, I'll gladly change this rating if you impliment some much needed changes.

Hope this has been helpful.

9. Sgt Surchin

the actual switch for this map is in the process of being made. it is a button controlled automatic loading mechanism that fires the radio antennae out of the cannon as missiles. this new project is still in the process of being constructed and the finished product will be named "Man Cannon v4" (not very imaginative i know). so to all members about to post with tgis idea in mind, i only have one thing to say, "please don't hate". as for the origionality, i was unaware that there are other cannon maps and i am sorry if i have offended anyone. i also would like as much help as possible with making this new project so if anyone would like to chip in please send me a friend request. my gamertag is "Virus11010" and notify me if you would like to help.

p.s. to the person who's text i quoted: i love your idea about the two opposite cannons and would enjow working with you on that idea. thank you very much for your input.
    ---
    the new version has a more compact sniper tower (the sniper tower is there for a game where you snipe people coming out of the cannon) and a large variety of vehicles.

#9 Sgt Surchin, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010