Making Videos of Your Maps... Again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oli The G, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

I should have Orion finished up by tomorrow at the latest. After that, I have exams for two weeks solid, but then I get two months off :DDD I really can't wait to show you guys what I have been up to with Orion. But it is my most involved, most creative edit, and I have spent such a ridiculous amount of time on post production. The opening sequence clips have cropping, lighting, colour correction and brightness/sharpness tweaking. The rest of the thing has some minor lighting stuff. You won't be able to see it, but it really gives the video a great look and feel.

So during that time I will have much more time to edit, and I will also be hosting and editing a friendly little tournament with no prizes. There is a thread somewhere :D (not advertising!!)

So, feel free to keep requests coming!

EDIT: The usual couple of rendering glitches (one day, one day there won't *looks up at the stars*) But besides which I consider this to be my most in depth, finest work. I doubt we will get a 343i homepage feature, but lets give it a go :D

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

EDIT: Orion is up :D

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYVs7AbS8dE]:D[/url]

I've also been thinking about showcasing my editing process in a blog, one that I will release when the video is finished. I will include raw footage, before and after post production, and give you guys an insight into my editing life.

#81 Oli The G, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. Dax

Dax Mhmm.
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Still accepting requests?

3. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Most indeedidly. Just not starting on stuff for a couple of weeks because of exams. Got 5 this week,, 2 the week after :(

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Wow. Orion just got on the homepage of 343i. I'm so happy :DDD

Still taking submissions. Going to make one more video with this current computer, and then it is super happy fun time new computer :D

Should get rid of my rendering problems.

#83 Oli The G, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  4. Robster95

Robster95 Promethean

OH go on then ;P

Map Name: Crash-Out
    Map Link:
    File Share Halo Official Site
    Game Type Link:
    File Share Halo Official Site

Picture of the map:

[​IMG]

Map and Gemtype description:
    This is a map that i made for my very own gametype called Protect the President just with a load of numbers and letters ;P
    to describe the gametype basically there a team that starts at the crashed aeroplane which is where the president is, and an attacking team on top of canyon and they have a bomb, plant the bomb on the president and you win the round.... simple, right?!?

You should make a video of my map because its something completely differant and new on reach, its one of my best maps and i must admit on of my faviourite maps that ive made, everyone who has played it has enjoyed it and i have many fond memories of it, if turns out super succesfull ill be making the same type of map and gametype on Halo 4 (depending on what we can do on it of course)

P.S thanks alot ive tried making a video but im not very good :p

Edited by merge:

oh and also i was wondering if i could choose a song for the map, i was thinking of 'Too Close by The lateness of the hour. if it doesnt realy fit the map then feel free to change its just i like tha song ;D

Edited by merge:

oh and P.S.S.S congrats on getting on the front page of 343i, thats why we love you ;D

#84 Robster95, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  5. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

6. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

7. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

I don't have Anniversary or Defiant map pack, so I could only do Graphene.

I would love the challenge of doing a double preview though. It would have to wait a week or so while I finish off Astra, and then move stuff onto the new computer (which won't arrive for at least another week) and then do some crazy ass Ethernet wiring.

But for now, that would seem like a good option. I will have a look around the maps.

8. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

9. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Ok, Astra is uploading now. I will update the OP and also include links to a blog post I made showing how it was edited.

The next video I am yet to decide, but it will be between

Robo's CrossWalk
    WhackyGordon's Graphene
    Benji's Whirlpool

And whoever else applies by the time I start on it.

If I do not choose your map, it is probably not due to my opinion on your map. Many maps simply lack the kind of angles and speed of pace (fast or slow) to fit the music I have chosen.

Thanks as always!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Update: :D

Enjoy

Also This!

#90 Oli The G, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  10. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

Redrum

THIS IS AN UNRELEASED MAP
    [​IMG]

A remake of QUAKE's "Evil Playground" (2-6 players). A small map with long pathways promoting linear gameplay and narrow lines of sight. Best supports FFA and 3v3 Team Slayer. MLG settings are recommended for Custom Powerup effects.

You should make a video for this map because it features noteworthy atmosphere within forge's monotonously dull grey canvas, plus you could score it to original QUAKE music! If you agree to produce a video for this map I'll help run games for clips.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#91 WAR, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  11. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Is it on your fileshare? I'll download it and check it out. Should be starting on stuff tomorrow. Today is the day (finally) of the new computer! Need to speak with audio peoples.

I'll announce my video decision today.

12. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Hey Oli, this doesnt need to be done now, but I have two maps (they are very similar with only some changes in pathways and weapons) that will be released about the time the contest is over for Smackdown. If you don't mind making me a video for them that would be fantastic, I just don't need it this instant so feel free to take a different project up for now.

Details: Jinx and Mojo

13. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

Yep...just click on "REDRUM" in my signature. It would be cool to release it with a video from you

#94 WAR, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  14. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Sorry about all this delay, it's taken me a while to set up my computer. I also recorded another series in the time it would have taken me to pick a map.

However, I have obtained a pre-release item from LiberatingPulse that is being tweaked to my needs. It's great!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

EDIT: It has been quite hard choosing, but here is the map I will choose, and reasons why I have not chosen your maps.

Aqualithe -Your map is far too open for a video, and I couldn't feel enthusiastic about. Sorry.

Whirlpool - I felt that the map was too small, and did not have enough of the right video aesthetic qualities for a video. I also encountered FR lag on singleplayer forge, something that REALLY shows up in a video. :(

Graphene - Although the map as a whole works really well, I again encountered lots of FR lag, and there was nothing that would have really suited a video. Sorry!

Jinx & Mojo - I didn't feel it as massively fair to give you many videos, when others still do not have videos, so I felt that I had to choose one or the other. However, I do think that it would be a good idea to have a video in terms of you getting your maps selected. I'm not sure which one I prefer the most, so I might even do your video as a double feature. However they are two very similar maps which may cause confusion. I'll have a play around with it and get back to you, but I don't feel that a video would work at this time. I would place you at 2.5th place :(

Redrum - I adored your map. Really I did. I'm a big fan of quake myself. (here comes the but) BUT I felt that I would not be able to work the FX and red lighting you have in places, and when taken away and lightened, both in the game and on video the atmosphere of the map would be gone. I could try to enhance this atmosphere, but I am unsure about how the darkness may appear in the video. I'm afraid you come in at second because of that. I will keep you in reserve for my next video however, should I not get the quality of map I desire.

Crosswalk *wets self* I'm absolutely stunned. Amazed. Flabbergasted. Err.. in awe. Yes, that will do. It has aesthetic details, the layout is simple and the atmosphere is brilliant. I would love to do a video of Crosswalk!

If you could get me any games, I would appreciate it. I'm up to my neck in editing. We are doing a full, musically edited minecraft series and guess who is editing. Sigh.

#95 Oli The G, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  15. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

All I ask is for one video. I don't really need two and therefore it would be a waste of your time to do two. Also, I dont need it this instant and the maps are not done (I hope to make them more distinguishable by the time they are). This request was just sort of a heads-up, will you be able to do this when everything is done and set to go?

16. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

Thanks for the consideration, I think Crosswalk is a great decision! Congrats Robo, I can help run games with ya! Looking forward to the vid

17. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

audienceofone, once the time comes for me to get to your video (currently third in the list) I will re-consider it based upon whatever changes you have made.

And trust me, this will be a great vid (I hope!) Rendering issues should hopefully be a thing of the past! With this new computer I don't lag when playing unedited, massively compressed (320x180) video, and instead can watch full raw video in a larger size, at its full 1280x720 resolution with 7 FX tracks without lagging. Can't wait to edit on it!

And thanks for offering to get me some games. Will save some time :D

18. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Thanks WarHolic. And Im sure Oli can think of something cool for your map. Its really fun to play on and Im sure it would attract alot of attention.
    And thanks Oli! Me and Frenchy's worked very hard on this map, and Im glad to see its paying off!

#99 RoboArtist, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  19. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

I just started editing it. I'm actually amazed with what i've started with. I want to release a video of just the placeholder colours in the introduction and the finalised text and text syncing :O

I have genuinely just got caught up watching the start of this video. There is one bit (you will tell) so far where it is so, so good.

It's too tempting to show you. So i'm going to give you a teaser ;) Be aware that this isn't the final product, it can only get better from here. Pay close attention, and you might decipher something I am doing.

[​IMG]

#100 Oli The G, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012