Making Videos of Your Maps... Again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oli The G, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

Map Name: Winterfell
    Picture:
    [​IMG]

Hey, this is Winterfell which I'm planning to release in the next month it plays well with anything 5v5 or more but FFA works with as low as 8 players. It would be fantastic if you could make a video to go in the thread when I release it.

Also, I'm in the final tweaks phase so any feedback from whatever game mode you choose (it plays all of them but I'd rather you didn't use race as it is primarily a competitive map) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. EpicChief117

EpicChief117 Forerunner

If it's not too late, i think i would prefer to have End Game instead of Electrogasm. It just came out and it's amazing.

3. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

He hasnt been very active in the thread lately. so people, try not to overload him with anymore maps. he can only do so much...

4. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Robo, its fine. I've had an influx of axam related stuff. I'm going to start on Epics map, then I will have a look at the trhead. Feel free to keep posting. I do check in!

5. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

Hey, I was just wondering if you could give me a timeframe of when you might be able to do my map (providing you want to of course)? It's just because I'd like to get it released soon and I'd love to have a video to post with it.

6. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Seeing as you are unreleased, i'd give you editing priority. COuld you get as many full games as you can, and send them on over to me?

7. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

Sure I should have some soonish

8. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Shafted is now up

:D

Still taking submissions despite the file share blackout. However, you will be needed to get at least three full games of footage on your strongest game types. My GCSEs are coming up and it'll be the case where my editing time is very limited. Shafted took me nearly an our to record alone, and that isn't including game time or 6 odd hours of editing time.

The good news is that after the end of that i'm going to get a newer PC. Like, one that I can actually watch the video im editing on. Radeon 1300 FTW :D

#48 Oli The G, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  9. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

nice thing of you to do videos when the filesystem is down. Well I guess Ill have to re-upload the gametype for my map to my Fshare soon :p

10. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Whoever gets me three full games of footage on will be the first to be made. Unless the map is not good for a video, of course :D (not neccessarily because your map is bad. There are some maps that are too thin and the way they are shaped means that good camera angles are difficult. Yahtzee Yahoo and Ourobourus are good examples of that.

So yeh. Keep dem submissions coming!

#50 Oli The G, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  11. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

12. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Have any gameplay on it?

13. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

Last one I have is a little out of date. I'll see about getting a current vid and I'll post here and let you know.

14. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

So you'd rather watch 3 whole videos of GP Footage than not just get a custom on them to see how it plays?

15. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

I would want to get on customs with it, but I am really short of time. Three full matches can take over an hour (when it includes getting people) and until June 28 (After my exams and Duke of Edingborough planning is done) I will be short of time.

In case you didnt know DofE is a walk that you do over three days, in which you plan your routes, camping spots and so on in a group of 4-5 friends.

16. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Sound pretty fun. God I cant remember the last time I went camping. Something that I wish I could do to make me feel like a kid again. Or hiking. Offtopic but just sayin'

17. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

If you catch me on live i'd be more than happy to get some games with you and see wether or not you have a good video map

18. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

well my map works for up to 4 players so finding a good amount of people shouldnt be much of a problem :p
    Anyways yea if I get the chance Ill throw a vid in my fileshare

19. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

20. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

That sounds sweet. Catchy too