Magnitude

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by PatchworkZombie, May 27, 2011.

1. PatchworkZombie

PatchworkZombie Forerunner

Magnitude is solo forge creation by me (JFox, GT=PatchworkZombie). I am looking to get this map working with great gameplay although I have done no tests so far. If anyone is interested in helping test just reply with your Gamertag and I'll add you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DESIGN:

Magnitude is a map inspired by Ghost Town of Halo 3, and you will see a kind of urban style aesthetic in the pictures. The idea of buildings for me was very appealing as it provides plenty of cover, yet also the small size of the map leans towards fast-paced gameplay. I will be interested to see how this plays during testing.

GAMETYPES:

Magnitude supports all gametypes although a maximum of 8 players seems fair. The gametypes I would say Magnitude is solely designed for are slayer, oddball and headhunter.

HELP ME OUT!

I have been looking for serious and mature testers (not eight year old infection-demanding brats).

Again, if anyone is interested in testing my map just reply with your gamertag and I'll add you. I am looking to make a Youtube video for this map also using gameplay footage so I don't know if that should appeal to anyone.

Thanks,
    JFox

2. Tedium

Tedium Lead Writer

Looks pretty good. The shape of it all reminds me of Havana from Black Ops (a city map, if you haven't played it) which I think works quite well. With a few vehicles, this could be pretty awesome. Unlike some city-type maps I've seen this seems about the right size, and the buildings aren't too far apart. Maybe you could include more aesthetically, to enhance the city theme, such as signs, fire hydrants or other things like that. Just a thought.

3. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

Was so glad I joined this morning. I'm hoping this map gets as much intrest as it deserves. You know where I am if you need testers.
    ...or somebody to fix your z-fighting. ;)

4. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

looks good patch. feel free to invite me if im ever on.

5. PatchworkZombie

I like what you're saying but I've ran out of decorative, building blocks, bridges, and the walls sections of items, plus my budget is around $300 so doing things like that now isn't really an option. Nice idea though but I just want to concentrate on gameplay from now on. Glad you like the look of it though.

Yes thanks for testing you are a true Z-fighter.

6. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

Looked like a fantastic layout when I was walking around it. Hopefully I get to play it soon.

7. PatchworkZombie

I have almost finished testing now and I am very happy with how it plays for Doubles games and Free-for-all. Just need to sort out CTF and Assault and I'm done.

8. Ahiboa

Ahiboa Forerunner

I could test it (if you need anymore) but this map seems decent. It has a nice poise, looks good with game types. So, I don't see any problem with it through the pictures.

9. ScareCrow813

ScareCrow813 Forerunner

This map looks cool and i loved Ghost Town so i can't wait for this map.
    I can help with testing my GamerTag is ScareCrow813

10. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

I'm going to make a map inspired by ghosttown and this map now. :p Thank you for the inspiration, would you like to do a collaboration maybe? haha

11. Speechee6

Speechee6 Forerunner

I could be of service (if still necessary). I am not the best player in the world but i would say i'm average.

#11 Speechee6, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  12. EvilPretorian

EvilPretorian Forerunner

This map is awesome my friend I love the way you have used pieces to make urban style aesthetics this really takes me back to the ghost town days i would be happy to help out with the testing of the map my GT:N00BYb00by1