Foundry Madness Pit v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by jocamar, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jocamar

jocamar Ancient

Madness Pit v2

I bring you another map I created. This second submission of mine wasn't created a very long time ago, the idea however was. As with my other map I had made a version one (which frankly was ugly as hell) and now I updated it considerably.

The original idea came up because as I almost never could get more than 4 people to play Custom games with me (including my brother playing as guest) I needed a good small map to play with small parties. I also had an Idea of making the floor of the map destructible. Unfortunately there weren't enough pallets so instead I decided to create a pit filled with pallets.
    The gameplay on the original map was chaotic. Maybe too chaotic as there where pallets and wood bits flying everywhere and people could spawn kill others very easily. Also, the map was very ugly because it didn't had any overclocking and the players often times spawned outside the map.

Overall, I was not happy with that version so recently I decided to start all over again. I erased my original version an the vastly improved Madness Pit v2 was created.

Gameplay:
    This map is small. Basically the map is just a room with a pit in the middle. Suspended over that pit are pallets that allow people to walk through them. There is cover spread around the map and a floating platform above the pit.
    The design may seem uninspired but I had great fun playing this map especially on 1v1's. The ideal party size for this map is of about 3 to 4 people. I've carefully chosen the weapons which best suit the map and tried to balance it.

The map is to be played with FFA, King of The Hill or Team Slayer but I also put in flag spawns if you want to play a wierd CTF game.

I had great fun mostly on KoTH. The hill is located below the pallets so you never know who is there and entering there is almost like entering another room.

There is not much else I can say about the map so I'll let the screenshots talk.

Map Overview Pics:

[​IMG]

I have made an MSpaint drawing of my map with the weapons and equipment:

1-Battle Rifle
    2-Brute Shot
    3-Shotgun
    4-Gravity Hammer

1-Deployable Cover

2-Flashbang thigy
    3-Gravity lift (it is below the pallets)
    4-Spike Grenades
    5-Plasma Grenades
    6-Incendiary Grenades

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Action Shots:

[​IMG]

Deployable covers are useful because they can block hallways and give you time to regain your shields.

[​IMG]

Below the Pallets you have a gravity lift and some protection...

[​IMG]

However you are vulnerable while you try to jump out of the pit.

[​IMG]

The gravity lift is the quickest way to the Gravity Hammer...

[​IMG]

...which on this map is very useful.

[​IMG]

The pallets can also be used to ambush some one if you have the shotgun or the Gravity Hammer

[​IMG]

You may be thinking it's a good idea to camp inside the energy barrier but with a fusion coil inside and an easily placed grenade throw...

[​IMG]

...campers are easily dealt with.

So now that I've shown you my map here is the download link:

Madness Pit 2

Add me on Xbox live so we can have some matches because it's hard for me to find wiling testers for my maps. My gamertag is jocamar.

Edit: If there is anything wrong with my submission please tell me so I can fix it (I'm not very tech savvy so I would appreciate instructions).

#1 jocamar, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. O Blarg 0

O Blarg 0 Ancient

Nice map, very well built, but I would move the pallets up some so that they are on the same level as the boxes.

3. jocamar

jocamar Ancient

I actually like it more like it is because it looks more like a Pit. but I can try and see if can do that.

4. Zombie Kitten

Zombie Kitten Ancient

there's not a game type or i at least cant find one.

5. 1Z4N0 SL4Y3R

1Z4N0 SL4Y3R Ancient

Chris, It's a slayer map. You use Slayer for Slayer maps.

6. jocamar

jocamar Ancient

Guys I uploaded the wrong version of the map. The link is now fixed. For those of you who downloaded already you may want to redownload it again if you want to play oddball or CTF. Other than that you're fine.

7. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Uh... yeah. It's small, all right. But perhaps too much equipment in the little space? Besides that, it seems too small to support any gametype besides slayer. P.S. The shield door/shotgun is kinda cheap.