Machu Picchu v3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

YES! Now I can't wait! But you better not screw this one up.... or else....

2. LIGHTSOUT225

oh its epic. forerunner goodness in black and white.

3. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I got really excited when I saw that first pic and the 3-d model. It still looks pretty cool. Way to think outside the box.

I will download the map to see how it plays, as this is the most important factor. From the pics it looks like the angled walls sticking out of the boxes are a little too thin to walk on, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt as I haven't actually played on it yet.

Queued!

--dc

4. LIGHTSOUT225

The wall ledges actually work really well. I was surprised when I tried it how easily it made scaling the Temple. You'll see... Hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

5. Pro NZ Assassin

Pro NZ Assassin Ancient

i love the incans and aztecs, nice map, done well

6. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

Please stop bringing back old maps, other maps need a chance.

7. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

it looks like someone (^up two^) just went down your sig again lights, but you know how i feel about this map, it's just one of those maps where you post it and sit back and wait for it to be featured

8. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

It looks flawless, I love the aethetics, amazing interlocking but it doesnt play that good.

9. LIGHTSOUT225

Why do i get the feeling you haven't ever played it? The map plays phenomenally.

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

Linubidix, you clearly havne played this map, or atleast you havnt played this properly. Lightsout is right, this map plays exceptionally well. It has been tested and tweaked to perfection, and is one of the fairest most balanced maps you could find.

11. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Along with what Matty said, that was a ridicoulous comment. THis map is one of my all time favorite maps, and couldnb't play better! Please be careful about what you say before you have played it first hand.

12. Zap Happy

Zap Happy Ancient

Same here. I can't even stand two hours of interlocking. I've got zero patients.

13. Revelation-Six

Revelation-Six Ancient

I don't think that's exactly fair. He may have played it and simply didn't like it. I have a map that is pretty popular with over 2000 downloads and still rising... yet Rusty Eagle said pretty much that same thing... looks good but doesn't play well. It's all a matter of taste. Case in point... on Gears of War, one of my favorite maps was Escalation but all I ever heard was how much everyone hated it. I personally just don't think they knew how to play it. In any case, an opinion is an opinion and his seems to be a minority opinion, therefore it isn't anything to get too worked up about.

14. DarkOverLord007

DarkOverLord007 Ancient

It looks like an awesome map. I will DL later.

15. LIGHTSOUT225

it probably is a fair statement actually. 90% of the people who have played this havent played v2 or v3..both of which gameplay underwent major overhauls. i tweaked it to perfection.

Anyway,
    This map is now a featured map! Please discuss it in the Featured Thread from here on.

LOCK.

16. Bacon Luvr

Bacon Luvr Ancient

This must have taken forever to make. I probably would have just quit making it after a while. This looks really good and definitely a dl.

17. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

wow I don't know how this got unlocked.