Lygophobia v2.1

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by evan12075, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Taseme

Taseme Ancient

A friend and I have already broken your map, I'm sorry to say. If you see this, pm me and I'll tell you/show you how to do it so you can fix it.

But, that aside, this is truly an amazing map. 4/5

2. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

although barrels are a great idea, it would be very difficult to pull off since barrels are probably the most unstable immovable object in forge. it would be very difficult to get the crates that act as a roof to balance. it will be something i'll look into tho. not to mention it would jack up the item limit that im very close too.. anyway, i love how people are noticing how much care i put into almost every object i placed either for aesthetics or gameplay reasons. it took quite a lot of time, so thanks.

i had already discovered this bug. it's something i've been trying to work on since it's very hard to block off parts of the map when you hit the object limit. thats something that will be fixed in v2.

3. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

were you talking about Blindside? because the map looked very good from the pics.

and yes. most people would assume the sniper tunnel is bumpy, but the truth is there is only one tiny bump that hardly even matters and nobody complains about it. thanks.

no. i was talking about this one. i really like this new technique. more and more people are geomerging these things. and in my newest map. (Not Blindside) i will have everything that touches the ground geomerged. it shows you have a sort of devotion to your map, and this sets you further than most forgers if you do this. and thanks for the good comment about blindside, seems its gone to the depths of forge hub after a day and a half. oh well..... great map, fantstic new method. this is the way of the future!

evan12075 likes this.
  4. Wally12

Wally12 Ancient

Same goes for me.

5. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

Blindside was great, that's all i can say now, so im looking forward to this next map your talking about... the future of forging is in our hands... lol. thanks for the comment man.

i really wish you wouldn't do that... im nice, so i won't report you for Spam or neg rep you... although i'll let this be a warning to you...

6. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

ah yes, I had a forgethrough on this hours ago, very nice.
    I have to say that my favourite feature of this map is without question the fallen pillar. I actually spent a few minutes jumping on it and walking to the top and just gazing at it, as I said, its my favourite feature. You'll probably be pleased to know, after my forgethrough I did not hit the X button, it has earned its spot on my HD. I look forward to playing on it.
    The destructable tower was another thing that I really liked, although I didnt see it in action, I still really liked it. In fact one thing that mkaes this map unique is the use of moveable weapons, I love it.
    The shrine, I dont have much to say for other than that it was awesome.
    The Beam Rifle Spawn was another section I quite liked. I approve of its settings too, BTW. 150 is a good time for the Beam Rifle. Yes, that section was great for aesthetics and great for walkability(if that's a word).
    The defender's spawn was nice too, I like the aesthetics of the merged single box with the dumpster and barrels, that was eye pleasing.
    One thing I'm not sure of is the turret and its how its unreachable except if you spawn near it, I dont really like that but that's just my opinion.

Overall, its was a great map, including some great features and wonderful forging.
    I look forward to when I can get some games down on it.

7. TheRagingBeast

TheRagingBeast Ancient

looks amamzing man and i love the idea of all the tower structures, you've taken great ideas (aesthetically) and turned them in to even better ideas! 5/5

8. prepare4legend

prepare4legend Ancient

9. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

k then dont say 5/5 looks good......

on to the map it looks cool and did you geomerg each double box into the ground?i also love the
    dumpsters in between the 2 boxes

10. SYkOP4Th

SYkOP4Th Ancient

The map looks great. The geomerging looks perfectly staright nothing is crooked or out of place that I can see. The shrine and the fallen pillar look cool. You have my dL.

11. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

thanks for that wonderful wall of text. it is very appreciated. i took some time thinking about every aesthetic touch i was going to add to make it look nice. the fallen pillar originall wasnt in my plan... but the area just looked blank there so i thought of soething that would look nice, and go a long with back story. and when you said movable weapons... did you mean movable objects? jw, cus that sounded kind of funky... anyway, i hope you can get some gameplay feedback for me because i am very eager to hear it. i haven't gotten any gameplay feedback on it yet since testing. Oh, and i would give you + rep for that comment, but i dont give out rep too much and i've given you some not too long ago... i'll have to remember this after spreading the rep around some more. =D

lol, i liked this comment for some reason... it seems as if movable geometry has become my trademark as well...

RAWR! ME NO LIKE SPAM

i didnt quite understand what you were saying in the first part...

anyway, yes i did geomerge EVERY single double box... it was a lot of work so thanks for noticing.

Again, thanks for noticing all the work i put in to this too make every object and piece of scenery percise, perfect, and aestheticall beautiful.

12. II AceMasta II

II AceMasta II Ancient

I am not going to let this thread die. This map is absolutely awesome I had the greatest time testing this map. This forger cares alot about the community so much so that he has geomerged every double box. This map deserves better and I am glad to have been a part of it.

PS. Evan get your mic out of your kitty's belly :p.

13. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

thanks man. i appreciate it a lot, but next time you comment your going to have to make sure its some big feedback wall of text =D

anyway... kitty ate the wires on my mic and now i cant speak through it! damn kitty...

Another thing, To everybody who has played the map or has DLed. PLEASE give forgethrough feedback or gameplay feedback. it's much appreciated, and i need to know if a v2 will be necessary.

14. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

well hello wut is this ill tell you its an amazing map. i love all of the techniques you used in this map i think this could be a future feature. great job my friend ima DLin.

15. desert rat 852

desert rat 852 Ancient

This is not gonna Die! I just finished a forgethrough( i like DLing before speaking ) and ive got one thing to say.....

.... forgegasm...forgegasm...forgegasm...forgegasm...

This is up there on par with some of the best work ive seen on this site to date. Im not calling it( knock on wood )but dont be surprised if this is featured! Thats just how good it is!

Now for your typical spam comment.

gj, nice intelocksorz5/5

evan12075 likes this.
  16. II AceMasta II

II AceMasta II Ancient

hey sorry evan anyways this map is awesome evan the gameplay is amazing I love it. I have no complaints at all great map.

17. RANDY M47

RANDY M47 Ancient

looks great ... this has great interlocking 5/5

18. Reaper101070

Reaper101070 Ancient

Wow, 5/5 for sure, This map is very tidy and well put together:)

19. xkevlarpro

xkevlarpro Ancient

This looks really good. The destructible tower was a nice touch. It allows the players to interact with the map.

20. II AceMasta II

II AceMasta II Ancient

well evan really went of his way to make this map great, I hope all of you realize that. The gameplay has been tested many a times and has proven itself. There is almost flawless interlocking and geomerging. This is a great map.

P.S. I will find a way out of this map...