Lygophobia v2.1

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by evan12075, Jul 27, 2008.

1. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

You, sir, have earned my download.

I very rarely comment on maps any more, but this has truly caught my attention. Congratulations on creating an exceptional map. I particularly like how you've used some rarely-thought-of techniques.

Bravo.

2. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

i cant see it very well, but it looks like youve geomerged every wall double box, i like that, no stopped random grenades, it shows you really want your map to be good, ill download this, i really like the fallen pillar btw.

3. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

3 things i love about this map:
    1. The fallen pillar
    2. The middle structure
    3. ITS PERFECT!!!!!!!
    10000/5!

4. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

I was NOT expecting so much comments so fast... wow, thanks everyone.

thanks man, i hope my last minute changes to make gameplay better work

i dont know which maps your talking about... but if you say im a genious i dont mind. thanks

lol ya, i was deciding whether i should wait or not, i thought if there is a problem, i can just make a v2. thanks for, sort of, testing

thanks, the rating is much appreciated... and i dont know if it's perfect but...

shweet, you like all my maps. lol, thanks man

first really good comment here. i'd like to thank you first. anyway, i want to assure you that pretty much every area of the map had its fair share of battles. the main battles do occur in the middle, but side battles often carry on to whole team battles in other sections of the map. the area used least often was the attacker spawn tho, as there is no weapon or much reason to go there besides an alternate path to the beam rifle. and thanks, i took a remarkable amount of time trying to make the aesthetics very pleasing.

??? wachu talkin' 'bout willis? o_O

well your entitled to your own opinion, and i respect that, but frankly, i dont get the point of your comment... at least tell me what doesnt make sense or what you dont like...

yes yes, a couple things were changed. i changed up a couple of the respawn zones so hopefully when people are trying to steal the flag, the defneders dont just spawn right next to the flag any more. I also removed the ghost because it was VERY overpowering as we learned.

lol, i dont like repeaters either, thanks man.

i've been waiting for a good map too... and actually a couple maps good maps came out around the same time as this... Vicous Vice's Conquest map, Tex and Shadow Viper's Project Z... anyway, thanks, i spent a whole lot of time trying to make the map look beautiful and not like many other maps.

Actually i got the dumpster pillar idea from Brute Captain/ The Yellow's map Flux, i wanted to take it to the next level tho, so i made one look like it had fallen and it's leaning upon the other pillar. and i'll assure you, the interlocking just looks neat because walls are simply ugly... theres one bump in the map, but i simply couldn't find a way to smooth it out. thanks for the good comment dude.

I wouldn't have had bad weapon placement if i didnt make a guide for it, lol. anyway thanks.

thanks man, i was actually skeptical about the beam rifle hall... but i guess it suits some peoples' likings

hopefully they are all gone... and yes, flag rally is epic... as it is on my other map that nobody noticed... that's a different story tho. thanks for testing man, also thanks for the sig. lol.

im flattered, people are saying my map will be featured! lol, well i dont know if it will... but i did put a lot of time into this and i hope it pays off.

Glovesave... i know you, but those arent the type of comments i expect from you... hopefully you come back with feedback later.

ya, so i've heard... how bout a longer, well thought out comment please... one liners will result in neg rep from now on.

Thank you TexturedSun, i dont get much comments on my maps from staff so this is much appreciated. i was really going for aesthetics in the maps, the ones that "catch the eye" and "pop off the screen" I hope you can play it soon because im really itching to know some gameplay experiences from other people so i can get this map as good as it can get.

thank you for noticing! i actually did geomerge EVERY double box slightly, for the aesthetic touch to make it looks neat, and to prevent grenade tapping. it took a substantial amount of time to do that, thanks for the DL and i hope you can play it soon!

lol , well i wouldnt say it's perfect... thanks for the comment tho and the extremely high rating...

5. Deathhawk7

Deathhawk7 Ancient

I smell a feature.
    Awesome map. If I didn't have 8/8 downloaded, I would.
    (Goes to save thread)

6. Dynamic Echo

Dynamic Echo Ancient

Looks great. I'll give it a try once I get my xbox back.

7. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

This looks amazing! The fallen tower is UNBELIEVEABLE. I love the idea of the destructible tower, that gives me an idea for a map (if you don't mind me using your idea)... 5/5 Great job!!!

8. LIGHTSOUT225

You've done some interesting things with movable geometry that look both very practical as well as pleasing to the eye. Well done, I wish people did this kinda stuff more often! This also looks much bigger than Foundry.. seems like you've maximized playable area very well, and I'm definitely gonna have to take a closer look at this one. Queued for DL. Keep churnin maps out, it may not be long before some of your work hits the front page

9. II AceMasta II

II AceMasta II Ancient

Im glad to have beta tested this map for you evan. Team Slayer was a blast on this map i loved it. And the thought that a ghost could ram your tower and it could fall from beneath you was great lol.

10. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

I've made some minor changes to the map and switched the link out with v1.1. It's suggested to DL v1.1 if you want to get the most from CTF, Assault, Oddball, and VIP

thanks. lets keep away from comments close to spam tho mkay?

same goes to you

i dont mind at all, i actually would like people to use that.

thanks for the good comment Lights... I've been experimenting with movable geometry a lot lately, as well as switches. i find it very interesting what you can do with any object in forge... anyway. i think you might be disappointed with the size of the map... in my opinion i think it's kinda smaller, well smaller than i wanted it to turn out... but i hope you get to play it or give me some feedback at least after a forgethrough. and thanks! someday i'll be on the front page... some day.

thanks for helping test. but i got rid of the ghost for obvious reasons. it could just cover the map very easily and be every where at once. it was too powerful. but grenades and such should still knock the tower down.

11. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

I ****ing **** bricks when I saw this the first time.

And I still periodically **** bricks whenever I see a screenshot or play this map. You've really outdone yourself with this map evan, and I'm starting to see a definite style and "theme" to your maps. Isolated was great, but it seemed like a random smattering of cool things. Though this map has similar cool things, they're all placed with acute attention to the other cool things, and very, very well balanced. I'm sorry you had to have a bunch of dumbasses post on the first page of this thread, but take it in stride. If this map doesn't get featured, I will eat the very bricks I so recently shat. This is by far your best piece of work, and I look forward to seeing what else you might come up with in the near future!

12. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

... Wow. The map is practical and well constructed. The weapon set and gametypes are perfect. The gameplay is so great... but you still have to stop for a few seconds and say, "Wow." This map is beautiful with well though of structures that are unique and original, as well as the fact that they can only add to the gameplay. Even the tiny problems of other great maps (weapon set, not enough cover, too much clutter, etc) don't exist here. You're a freaking Forge Wizard. Good luck with future maps, and I hope this one gets featured.

EDIT:

Btw, 10/10.

13. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

lol, im flattered that i made you **** bricks. but you might have to start eating those in a couple weeks cus i doubt this will get featured... although everybody is saying it is. we'll see i guess. and i've been experimenting with a lot of things in forge lately... im trying to make a really unique map that is different from a lot of recent maps.

evan12075, forge wizard at your service. lol that forge wizard part made me laugh as well as your rep comment. i did put a lot of though into this and i tried to balance it as good as i could. after writing my weapon placement guide, even my knowledge of weapon placement went up with feedback from others. i hope it gets feautured too. thanks for the wonderful comment.

14. Techne

Techne Ancient

Oh, my god. This looks amazing. The merging looks flawless, the weapon's are evenly laid out, it gives you enough cover to let you live. I love how you used every forging piece available to you to make an actual aesthetic quality to the map, that's not only nice to look at, but functional to play on. Once again, everything about this map looks amazing.

EDIT- Download's not working for me:[

#34 Techne, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  15. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

i dont know how to quote your reply, but im that guy who noticed your geomerging just about everything. the map im working on has everything geomerged too. and your right it does take an insanely long time to accomplish, but in the end, it really does make a map look good, and i do know that you went to extreme lengths to make your map very good. i was surprised at how smooth the wall sniper tunnel was, and i like the destructable area. at first seeing the pillar i thought that it was a fusion coil, then an anti aircraft gun, then i realized they were like the ones on flux. great map man!

16. Alec944

Alec944 Ancient

Wow looks great. 5/5 Can't wait for it to be featured

17. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

Very aesthetic. Nice

18. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

cool map. 10/5

19. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

I used all the forging knowledge and ability i have to make this map. so thanks, that comment means a lot to me.

were you talking about Blindside? because the map looked very good from the pics.

and yes. most people would assume the sniper tunnel is bumpy, but the truth is there is only one tiny bump that hardly even matters and nobody complains about it. thanks.

well i dont know if it will be featured...

Spam...

spam...

your lucky i dont report those last 2 comments...

20. o LiGHTNiNG o

o LiGHTNiNG o Ancient

I think you might want to trade the barriers on the destructable tower for some barrels, to make them skinnier, thus giving the tower a little more room. But my stupid ideas aside, this is a wonderful map! I love how not one minute detail was missed, and how no asthetic was overlooked. You even made sure to minutely geomerge the start of the ramp, easily and often overlooked but incredibly important. You left no stone unturned, and for that, you deserve a congratulations. 5/5!

#40 o LiGHTNiNG o, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008