Lowering Weapons in Reach

Discussion in 'Reach Screenshots & Videos' started by MrCasperTom, Sep 16, 2010.

1. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Ancient

One of the things Bungie has implemented into their previous games is that act of lowering your weapons in custom games and system link. Obviously this has been used to great effect in Machinima's such as Red vs Blue etc.

Halo 3 saw a lovely introduction of a nice little mad combination of buttons (both bumpers, holding in left stick, A and down on the d-pad) in order to do this. Well it's back in Halo: Reach and there is a pre-described button combo to do it. Sort of.

Instead of there being a straight up button combo it is actually dependent on your button layout. The only constant is your need to press down on the d-pad. The rest of the buttons differ depending on what layout you use.

The three actions you have to do, in addition to holding down on the d-pad, is zoom view, switch grenades and action reload. You have to hold them for about 3 seconds. What you have to press according to layout is below.

Default - X + B + Right Stick + Down D-pad
    Recon - X + Right Bumper + Right Stick + Down D-pad
    South Paw - X + B + Right Stick + Down D-pad
    Boxer - X + B + Right Stick + Down D-pad
    Green Thumb - X + B + Right Bumper + Down D-pad
    Bumper Jumper - A + B + Right Stick + Down D-pad

Like previous games, the gun can be put back into its previous position by pressing the 'Use Grenade button' (I.e. Right Trigger for Recon) when you have no grenades on your person.

Another plus is that Armour Abilities do not cause you to higher you gun again after usage. This includes Armour Lock, which I had previously thought might be the one to do this. Sadly the Hologram model has its gun raised. I haven't tried Drop Shield yet but I believe that it will be the same as all the other abilities.

I haven't got around to testing out the effect of getting in and out of vehicles but I suspect it might be the same as Halo 3, and so your gun will be raised when you exit.

And so, Enjoy.

#1 MrCasperTom, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. Matty

Matty Ancient

Is there a way to drop weapon like in H3?

3. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Ancient

I honestly have no idea. I'll have a look into it.

4. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

This is neat, thanks for this.

I still think the next Halo game should have a "Machinima" mode. Not sure how that would work out, but I'm sure 343 will think of something... maybe...

5. alienman911

alienman911 Ancient

thanks for this
    btw you spelled previous wrong

6. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

This helps.
    Does it have to be local or does it work in any custom games match?

7. MrCasperTom

MrCasperTom Ancient

Cheers, got it.

Only local and system link again sadly, as far as I know anyway. So you can have a 16 player lowering guns session but you have to do it via system link. It would be nice to have it in any custom game but alas we don't have it.

However you should (I'll need to check it when I get my xbox back) be able to lower weapons in campaign and firefight if they're local/system link as well.

8. Charles Stoot

Charles Stoot Promethean

There is also another step close to this one that shows you the exact point in which you are standing on a I by Accident ran into it. But I've cheeked there really isn't a easier way to lower the weapons.

9. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

Do you have to hold all those together at the same time for 3 second, 3 seconds each or just click them and hold the d-pad for 3 seconds? Is it still lowered after shooting?

10. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Hold all buttons together at the same time. As soon as you shoot the weapon will be raised and you will have to lower it manually