Loop D

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Solarstance, Dec 17, 2007.

1. or gun ducks

or gun ducks Ancient

I like a large part of this part of this map but I find that sometimes I dont spawn near a mongoose and then alot of the time it will take me multiple times to get throught the map

but it is well made and pretty cool
    also nice loop

2. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Nice job on the loop. Because this race map is on Foundry, it has many similar designs I've seen used however. Aside from this though, this is a good map.

3. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

Downloading. Looks pretty cool, except make sure you can go somewhere if you fall off the ramp.

4. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Lame, I saw the video on youtube, your just good at taking screenshots kid.

5. Solarstance

Solarstance Ancient

First off, who you callin kid? And second, I never made a youtube video of any maps I have made.... In reply to the spawn points and game varients, this map was more of a "what can I make with the new dlc" than anything else, in retrospect I guess making a varient would have been nice (just didn't think of it when I published). There are four spawn points and gooses at the start but at the time the money and merge objects glitch were unknown so I had to make due. Anyway thanks for all the great comments and responses dudes, glad you like the map.

6. Grimz13

Grimz13 Ancient

my god how much time did you put into this, its awesome

7. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Go to youtube and search Loop D there's one. And I'm calling you a kid. Kid.

8. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

yeah this map is pretty good i played infection on it and it was pretty intense

9. Piscine

Piscine Ancient

This race course is the best I've ever played, and like the previous poster mentioned, it can be great on slayer or infection too. Awesome!

10. Ki Jason

Ki Jason Ancient

dude, does the loop work?

11. gtdroptop

gtdroptop Ancient

I've got my tweaked versions of Solar's maps up on my share again, along with associated game variants to enable cleaner racing. (Had to take them down for a while so that I could offload files to my mule account...annoying). Sorry if the map names are too similar to the originals, but Bungie was restricting how I could name the maps for some reason, these were the ones that worked.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=gtdroptop

Files that are up there:
    • Loop: Nearly identical to Solar's Loop D, tweaked for racing. Spawn points fixed so that nobody spawns outside of the start. Down ramp added to Mongoose platform so you don't flip off the start. Fusion coil respawn times decreased to make the minefield more exciting. VIP checkpoints added for the associated gametypes below.
    • Circus: Nearly identical to Solar's other race track map, Circus, also tweaked for racing. Spawn points fixed, VIP checkpoints added.
    • Race FFA: Free-for-all Mongoose racing type for 2-4 players. Checkpoints are placed around the race track, the lead person will tend to pick up a ton of points. Everybody has a plasma pistol, so if you get knocked off your Mongoose, you can freeze the other riders. The checkpoints are predictable, so you can try to skip parts of the track to get ahead and cut off the leader. Everybody's invincible (betrayals and splatters still work), vehicles are indestructible. Defaults to 15 point wins, adjust to your liking.
    • Seq Rocket Race: 2-person team Mongoose racing type for 4, 6 or 8 players. Checkpoints work like Race FFA. Everybody has rockets, VIP switches on VIP deaths. Invincible players and indestructible vehicles. Defaults to 15 point wins, adjust to your liking.

Thanks again to Solar for creating these super fun racing maps. The scoring system is different than how Bungie 500 works, but having the single start/finish line scoring doesn't work quite as cleanly here because there's too many ways to get around it.

12. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

i would like to know how often if ever, the loop fails to work

13. gtdroptop

gtdroptop Ancient

I've never had the loop fail, and I've hit it probably a hundred times. It uses a mancannon to launch you through the loop, which is pretty tightly confined on rails using shield doors. You often get tossed off your Mongoose when the loop spits you out, but the loop works. Since you're not actually driving on the loop, there's not much opportunity for error.

14. HeavyMetal84

HeavyMetal84 Ancient

WOW, this looks friggin' AWESOME! Nice job man. Definitely downloading.

15. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Alright!
    A download it is then!

16. Piscine

Piscine Ancient

I get my mongoose flipped in the loop probably 50% of the time, but that's part of the fun in my opinion

17. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

As long as I approach it properly, the loop seems to work significantly more than 50% of the time (without flipping th mongoose), which is pretty incredbiel considering what we've got to work with. Again. nice work on this track.

18. Piscine

Piscine Ancient

Yeah, but take into account that much of the time (at least on the first lap) I'm either getting pushed from behind, pushing someone from behind, or getting bottlenecked at the entrance of the loop.... it leads to more mongoose flipping!

19. Projectt2501

Projectt2501 Ancient

This looks like its worth a run, I'll give it a try. :squirrel_blush:

20. Piscine

Piscine Ancient

I downloaded the version with gtdroptop's modifications! It plays flawlessly now, good work