Loop D

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Solarstance, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Solarstance

Solarstance Ancient

I have been a big fan of halo for a long time. through the years, I've found that when my friends and I had finished (or got bored of) killing each other in custom games we would spend hours just racing around the map in various vehicles. So, with this in mind I have created two race tracks in the Foundry level. This map ,Loop D, is the harder of the two and takes a couple laps to get the hang of. It features a couple very interesting unique fixtures... afull loop-d-loop, a free form bridge, and a mine field. Please check it out, I (with the help of some friends) spent about 15+ hours developing this map and engineering the loop to get it to work correctly (with some pratice you can do the loop perfectly).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you do decide to give this one a run and like it, please leave a comment here, or on my bunige.net map page...

DOWNLOAD MAP HERE

Thanks,

Solar

2. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

That loop looks crazy! The bridge looks like you might get caught on the edges of it, but i don't know. Will dl, might test tonight.

3. IceFuel

IceFuel Ancient

Dear god, that loop must have been a pain in the ass to make. This looks great. Downloading now.

4. Solarstance

Solarstance Ancient

Actually the bridge is pretty easy once you learn how much juice to give it during the turn :) Never got caught in it though...the hardest part is staying on it. (I built up the platform below so that if you do fall, you can still be in the race.....just faster to take the jump!)

5. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

That was a very fun map...now everyone will have a Loop though :( ...at least you can say you were first

6. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

Looks like a rollercoaster, in a good way ;D .

7. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

WOW! looks amazing. downloading now :surprise:

8. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Really well done map, kinda saddens me tho, because we were working on our Super Top Secret Project, which was a multi-tiered race map with a HUGE ramp, then this came out, now we don't feel like doing ours haha.

9. PHOENIX 874

PHOENIX 874 Ancient

I dl'd it, its really innovative. :O

I got kind of confused on where to go, though. Especially when it makes you go into the bases.. o_O. Mostly, the A and B directional signs confused me.

But its a really good track, I like it a LOT. xD

10. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Sad face...

Nice job by the way Solarstance.

11. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

In every post I swear, Sargeant has to say his special project in every post he makes.

Getting back on topic, I had this idea, but never tried because I do not have that much patience for race maps and such.

12. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

LOL, well the BTSP was almost directly related to this. As for the other posts, the other members of BTSP post, so that's why I mention it. But everyone should try out this map, its really fun.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

That loop is pretty damn crazy. Do the shield doors have a function? I'm gonna DL it anyway.

14. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

I liked the map, but it seemed a little too easy to pull off short cuts. I just realized that I only played it in Forge and not with a real race variant, so perhaps that is fixed with the location of the Start/Finish line? I noticed your budget was down to $8 already, so the only suggestion I could come up with was removing some of the fusion coils.

I had wanted to include a section through the tunnel behind the bases in my own race maps, but it always felt too cramped and easy to get your mongoose stuck. More personal preference than anything, but overall it's a fun and aesthetically pleasing map.

15. Solarstance

Solarstance Ancient

Thanks for all the comments guys!

To answer a few questions....

1.Yes, the shiled doors hold you to the loop whie you in it. Otherwise you 'd have to hit it perfectly every time.

2. the only place that i can think of that may be easy to "cheat" on is on the bridge to the area blow. however I was not so much concerned with that because races in general (or at least fro me) are to blow off steam and are not really about winning per se, more about having a good time with some buddies.

16. Solarstance

Solarstance Ancient

Sorry to double post here dudes :( I'm new to this forum and havn't found a way to edit my posts (if someone could fill me in?) Anyway I just wanted to add that I made another track, a bit shorter and easier....but no way to cheat that I've found. It's called "Circus" and if anyone is intrested in checkin it out you can find it .....HERE Thanks again for all the responses, and if anyone has any suggestions on how to make things better or anything they really like please leave a comment!

Solar

To below.....thanks for the heads up Glimflicker! Did you ever publish the track you made...I would like to check it out. Is it Bungie 500? In the que!

17. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Click the "Modify" button in the upper-right area of your post to Edit it.

I understand what you're saying, just wanted to give you a heads up. I never really cared about it until I started working on an ungriefable race map recently. :)

18. Solarstance

Solarstance Ancient

Hey guys,

First off thanks for the great response to the map... I have a question for those that have played. Does anyone think that there is a need for more players on this map? Right now its 2-4 but one of my buddies mentioned that 8players might be nice. Of course, any sugestions or comments are welcome. BTW a lot of the other maps coming out of the community here look really good. And if your looking for antoher race track, I suggest checkin out Glimflicker's Bungie 500....first race I've seen that deals really well with the no honor rules race.

Word.

Solar

19. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

I keep telling myself no more race maps... but they keep coming and I keep downloading them lol.

-Donuts

20. Shadow_Player

Shadow_Player Ancient

awesome map...especially when everyone starts together really sweet...jus had a lil problem the first time cuz my lil bro spawned so close to the Hill marker that he won the race without even racing...lol...but this is a good inspiration i love the lopp tho really nice, but idk if i'll use the loop concept but the map is truly AMAZING...its a fav map and made me start on a few Racing maps myself....thanx for the inspiration ;)