Longshore forging capabilities

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Duckman620, May 20, 2009.

1. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

So i was reading a few articles from bungie and one said that of the three other mythics maps yet to come out still. One of the maps "Longshore" will be a remake or a re-imagining of headlong from halo 2. Now i was thinking and wouldn't it be cool if on the one side of the map where the water is. If they made a large part of that accesable and right below the water level they put a grid simila to the one in the skybubble of sandbox. So that peopl can make maps above or coming out of the water. Such as an oil rig or something. Now of course this all just a thought i highly doubt bungie will include something like this but you never know. So i was just wonderin what you guys thought about this idea?

2. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

That would be really cool but I doubt Bungie would implement this. Sandbox was meant to be the forging map of the Mythic Map Pack so I doubt they would make another map be very nice for forging. I have heard Longshore will have a lot of immovably objects though.

3. Ph0enix195

Ph0enix195 Ancient

Where are you finding news about the new ones? I want to read it :)

4. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Yeah, link us to the info on that, and Longshore sounds great. That sounds like a cool idea, but like Spades said, I highly doubt Bungie will do that. Sandbox will still overshadow it when it comes down to it.

5. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I don't think it was ever confirmed that Longshore is a remake of Headlong. I don't know how you even came up with that idea.

6. Canadians360

Canadians360 Ancient

I'm kinda hoping for more intresting objects with properties as well as lots of movable stuff with the more standard imovables. Sandbox has the imoveable objects down pretty much pat I'd like to see a better map for puzzles unique objects and more asthetical peices. I'm quite content with sandbox and foundry for imovibles and would rather have something unique.

7. abandoned heretic

we do need a better forge map i want something where i can make something on the scale of bloodgulch

8. Ph0enix195

Ph0enix195 Ancient

I say we stop suggetsing stuff here and email bungie, If we get to them enough they might consider it :)

9. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

Longshore will not have the blank canvas-like space of sandbox. The last 3 mythic maps may have some new items, but for the most part the items will be like the ones on Orbital and Assembly; technically "new" but mostly for scenery.
    At least that's what I think.

10. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

It would be great to have a remake of headlong. If Debo67 and Public Servant can make interrobang and transfusion imagine what forgers could make floating above long shore given the right objects. I can doubt that bungie would include a remake of headlong and midship in this map pack though. Could be. If anything it would probably be relic. Oil rig idea is epic win!

11. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Is it just me or has no one else noticed that your talking about remaking blackout in a way.. seeing as how it IS an oil rig..

I'd love a headlong remake.

12. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

When he said that I visualized it as a small one versus one arena map. Much smaller than blackout with a more symmetrical design.

13. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Ah, i could see a BR arena map out there designed Aesthetically to look like the heli pad of an oil rig. and probably some other things im just too tired to think of as of right now.

14. Glasgow

Glasgow Ancient

I can imagine the urban, but coastal feeling that Longshore might offer. I can imagine the urban and coastal objects too. I would love a movable object like a life raft, fishing boat, vending machine, or even an air conditioning unit.

15. barc0de

barc0de Ancient

It does not need to be another foundry or sandbox, just another avalanche.

I would also love a map with objects designed for switches. I dont think bungie will do that, as while they like the more advanced stuff the community can do, they don't want to encourage it as it taxes the engine too much.

16. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

I remember a while ago there was a lot more information on the halo wiki, Heretic was revealed to be a Midship remake, Citadel was revealed to be similar to a campaign level (but I completely forget which) and Longshore took place in a seaside "dock" area, and was apparently great for big team.

Read and Learn

From the sound of it this level seems a lot like what the outside of foundry looks like. If only we could use the dinghies to make nautical race maps. I can't wait to have my unrealistic expectations shattered.

17. Ph0enix195

Ph0enix195 Ancient

I think that if they are going to make a re-make, It should be blood gulch... Other than that, NO MORE RE-MAKES! (thats just my opinion I wnat to see NEW maps)

18. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

When did Bungie announce Longshore is going to be a remake of Headlong? I highly doubt it will be, because Headlong was a city like level. Most likely Longshore will be a remake of Relic. If you don't think so, take a look at the picture below.

[​IMG]

If you will take notice of the "Shore" portion of Longshore, you will notice the definition of "Shore" below.

Shore
    The land along the edge of an ocean, sea, lake, or river; a coast.

If you have ever played on Headlong you will notice that where there is water, there is no land. But if you look at Relic, it is surrounded by a shore, which would make it long. Therefore, Longshore is a remake of Relic.

So now that I have thrown it out there that Longshore is a remake of Relic, what kind of forging capabilities will it have? Well I guess seeing as Relic had those floating covenant bases, we might be able to place those. That would be neat. I'm also thinking of movable boxes, crates, and other such scenery. I would also assume the movable open/closed boxes from Last Resort will be on Longshore. Just look at the pictures I have provided above and pick out every piece of scenery. I'm kind of hoping for placeable rocks, but I doubt it. I can see some epic maps built in the water.

19. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

It was established that Heretic was a Midship remake, and I doubt they would add two remakes to the final Halo 3 maps being released by Bungie. Though I will agree that in the unlikely scenario Longshore is a remake, it will be a Relic remake.

Straight from the Halo wiki:

Seems plausible to me.

20. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

The other information he has given so far has been 100% accurate so far. If it was a remake of Headlong or Relic, he would have said so. This map is new.

I would expect forging on Longshore to be similar to what is available on Avalanche, except UNSC themed.