Long track

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by Ninja Zecu, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ninja Zecu

Ninja Zecu Forerunner

In the picture you might of seen the poor ascetics and you may have also seen the uncreative name. Anyway it plays very good and is smooth for 16 players. It works on rally and battle tracks but...[​IMG] a glitch tends to happen on this man-cannon on rocket hog race, for some reason the gunner affects the physics of the warthog( I guess it adds more weight). I just recommend mongooses on this track.

[​IMG] This drop is a great place for your gunner to fight! It took me a lot of editing so players wouldn't cheat on battle race modes(It made me run out of objects). Even right now you can cheat, but it's not worth it(you would have to get off the mongoose and be a master ninja. Another player could easily kill you in the process so DON'T CHEAT!).

[​IMG] [​IMG] In battle tracks you can take many routes so take the easy one to save you time. In normal race you are forced to use the hard route.

[​IMG] This is an idea I came up with when I was planing out the map. Turning a banked turn into a ramp. Because it's such a short fraction of the track cut off I didn't try to find a way to block it off in battle racing, if you're a crappy driver don't try to cheat or you will fall somewhere else, but if you're a good driver(like me) go ahead and cut the track. I'm telling you this because when you cut the track you're not perfectly aligned to the other side, so it takes more skill to do.

[​IMG] [​IMG] This narrow area is dangerous with a lot of people but it's a good opportunity to kill your opponents, even in normal race(you can just push them off). Be careful not to spawn on top of some one else or you die and keep good control.

I came up with this starting with just that cool turn i showed you. After that I completely ignored ascetics and spawned like crazy. In the end it turned into a race track. It took 3 days to make.

2. my name is Byf

my name is Byf Forerunner

Ok i'm no race forger but dude you need to scale this down. add kill boundaries on spots where cheating might occur and just tone it down a bit. plus it really sucks having to race on walkway cover larges. they have no sides and it adds noting to the map aesthetically

3. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Not to be a ****, but this map looks poorly forged, Using a grid and wall coliseums are lazy. Though the fourth picture looks smooth, and well forged. I'm not sure what to think of this map.

4. maximal terror

maximal terror Promethean

I understand it's meant to be a long track, but It has poor aesthetics and is too flat. I hate it when a lap is more than 2:00 ( just my opinion ) and has poor aesthetics. Some photos are more creative than others, like photo 4, but photo 5 is too confusing. Also, the others don't look too well forged.

5. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else here. I like long tracks, but only ones that have been planned out thouroghly and carefully. Here you just used wall colloseums and grids, an example of laziness.