Loco Dodgeball

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by locoidontknow, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

[​IMG]

Real Dodgeball with a deathpit seperating players.
    Download Map

Team Dodgeball 5 Rounds, Elimination Style 4-12 Players (Prefered way to play)
    Download Team Gametype

Dodgeball 15 kills to win 2 Players
    Download Dodgeball

Description:
    This is Dodgeball that actually works! A deathpit seperates the two teams. Start slinging plasma grenades at the other team. Its a blast! The pit has grav lifts and man cannons for you to be pushed into a transporter to certain death. it is made for 4-12 players. Each player only has a sword so you cant shoot across the pit. It is almost impossible to get across. I have had suggestions of a gametype with hammers, but I find hammers will allow people to hit their team mates across the pit. The platforms are 4 boxes wide on each side. Plasma grenades are on automatic respawn, but I have found that with alot of people and explosions goind off, you may have a few seconds where you cant pick up a grenade, but it is rare.

Red vs Blue
    [​IMG]

What happens when you land in the pit.
    [​IMG]

A lil one on one.
    [​IMG]

The pit.
    [​IMG]

#1 locoidontknow, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. emerging killer

emerging killer Ancient

this doesn't meet standards in the rules, you are suppose to give a detailed description and more pics

3. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

Look man, I just started, theres not much of a description I can give, and you really dont need another pic. Just download and have fun, or dont download it and leave me alone. I spent alot of time making this map and alot of people tell me how fun it is. I tell you what you download it and write a better description, then comeback and post it.

4. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

you should make another game type w/ grav hammers instead of swords to deflect the grenades, the goal would be to catch the guys of-guard then stick'em

5. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

I appreciate your idea. I dont have hammers, because you would be able to hit people across the deathpit. But maybe another game with grenades and hammers. I'll look into that.

6. xpri2

xpri2 Ancient

This Map post does not meet the standards. Please read this topic
    on how to properly post maps. I am sure your map is good so please follow the guidelines so we can find out too!

7. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

oh yeah didnt think of that :)

8. Meta93

Meta93 Ancient

Or you could do your own work and stop crying about the critique you get. When people act like 4 year olds, as you happen to be doing right now, it is a real turnoffto myself, and I suspect, to other forgers as well.

9. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

Meta, loco is new here and he was saying that emerging killer shouldn't have really high standards of him since he is new. Loco did follow all the rules in posting a map and he may have came on a little too strong when defending himself. You responded by basically flaming him, which is just as bad. Anyway, back to the map, I have seen many dodgeball maps, so this one doesn't jump out at me. If you did make the map intergrated with the gravity hammers like nullstar said, I would definitly check it out.

10. Meta93

Meta93 Ancient

does it really matter how new you are? I'm new here. I just get tired of all the newbies complaining over every piece of critique they get and then going on a defensive spree.

11. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

I agree I may have been a little harsh defending myself, but I got flamed, instead of trying to help he just bashed me. Look at my other posts, they are detailed. I am not making an excuse that I am new, but give a guy a break. i spend my time to build good maps for people to play, and then you come on my thread with my map and bash me. I take critism very well, but if you want to critisize, then you can do it without bashing me. Thiere is not alot to this map. So I didn't have as much to say. Sorry if anybody thinks I am rude.

12. AqueousBeaver

AqueousBeaver Ancient

About the map:
    Looks like this might be fun. Do you only use plasmas or do you use spikes too? Also, the hammer idea sounds like a cool twist.

About the post:
    My advice: Add more pics (for instance: what does the deathpit look like, how wide are the platforms, etc), remove the cry baby stuff from the main post, and just ignore those who anger/annoy you. Definitely don't take offense. Most of the time, people only want to help (both with your map and in maintaining the high-quality standards of ForgeHub map posts).

13. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

I am taking your advice. I cant post more pics untill I get off work. But will do that tonight. Thanks for the advice.

14. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

Map looks alright. I hate it when there is a constant explosion sound in the map though because its annoying and makes the game laggy.

15. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

Beleive it or not there is little explosion sound because the death trap is pretty far away. Also I NEVER have lag in the game. I tested all this very extensively. Thanks for the comment. Tell me what you think.

16. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

I've had deathpits in both of my published maps. I had the same problem. LAg.
    However, there is a solution. Place the reciever nodes outside of the map (Foundry) so when people go into the nodes instead of falling into laggy explosives they "fall to their deaths", painful but lag-free.

17. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

How do you place it outside the map?

18. MattDGiant

MattDGiant Ancient

19. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

Education in Forging have I must to become Forger Knight. :)

20. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.