MLG Lockout

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by C y p h 3 r z Z, Oct 30, 2010.

1. C y p h 3 r z Z

C y p h 3 r z Z Forerunner

Hi, i have made a Halo 2 Lockout remake which takes me more than 30h of work. My objective was to be able to do Tactical jumps and grenades.
    Respawns and weapons are respected. Only RED and BLUE team are accepted.

Note that this map has been build to use a 110% jump gametype.

Please tell me what you want me to change. I will not add some Blackout items ;)

Enjoy and sorry about my English, i'm not ;)

[​IMG]
    Map overview.

[​IMG]
    Walkway overview.

[​IMG]
    Bottom middle.

[​IMG]
    Battle riffle 1.

[​IMG]
    Shotgun.

[​IMG]
    TP 1.

[​IMG]
    Sword.

[​IMG]
    Library.

[​IMG]
    BR 3.

[​IMG]
    TP 1 to "Bottom middle"

[​IMG]
    Jump to "Sniper 1".

[​IMG]
    Jump "Sniper 1" to "Top middle".

[​IMG]
    Jump "Sniper 1" to "Sniper 2"

[​IMG]
    Jump "Top middle" to "Sniper 3"

[​IMG]
    Jump "Sniper 2" to "Sniper 3"

There is some more jumps like BR 2 to BR 3, Middle to BR 3 and a lot of others :)

#1 C y p h 3 r z Z, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. C y p h 3 r z Z

Up, i need some feedback please ! I would like to make this map perfect but i need help from the community :)

#2 C y p h 3 r z Z, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  3. Blackprinze

Blackprinze Ancient

lol, why remake this when 3 or 4 others are already way, way better than your feeble attempt?

4. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Maybe because its a exercise or challenge to help the OP get better at Forge? Starting with a remake is one of the easiest ways to learn to make maps...

5. blueterror

blueterror Forerunner

wow some jerks in here. I'll download your map and see whats up. The most important thing to set your map apart from every copy is FRAME RATE LAG. So if you can manage to make it not lag then you'll have something extra going for your map.

6. Bleuprint

Bleuprint Forerunner

I posted on this and it turns out it was a different lockout remake. Yours is much better than the one I was playing on and definitely not as terrible as my post stated earlier. Sorry about the mishap.

I do like this version, a lot of jumps stay true to the orig. but there is a version that seems right on so i'll be sticking with that for a bit.

#6 Bleuprint, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  7. yezik

yezik Ancient

from what i see, all is well. will download and test later tho. you've labeled all old jumps so im hoping tht they're all do-able. some parts seem in-accurate as far as dimensions go

8. C y p h 3 r z Z

Thanks you for comments, i will try to upgrade the map to increase frame rate but it was a mistake to build my map near to the waterfall :( it increase the lag too.
    Can you tell me where you'v seen a big lag zone ?

Don't hesitate to ask me to do something else on the map.

Yes they're :)

The V2 will comes soon with :
    - S1 shape and proportion fixed.
    - Lags decrease.
    - BR1 nades added.
    - S1 fusion coil added.
    - S3 fusion coil moved for a better sniper bump.
    - All fusion coil will now never respawn.
    - Some soft death zones added.
    - TP cannon men fixed.

Lockout V2.0 is now live !
    Here some screenshots showing the major changes of sniper tower :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#8 C y p h 3 r z Z, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  9. HeroDanny

HeroDanny Ancient

This is a pretty good re-make. But i can see two problems right off the back.
    First problem is bottom Mid, It is way too wide, it should be smaller. (easy fix)

Second problem is Sniper tower. It is way to high, it needs to be lowered a bit. (also an easy fix)

All in all, you did do a great job with this map. This is the only map I've seen with the elbow done properly.

fix those 2 problems and this map will be official.

10. C y p h 3 r z Z

Yop, thanks for your feedback, I stoped played Halo:Reach for a while but don't worry i'll fix it one day. There is some problems with that fix, sniper tower will be accessible directly from the middle so it will be an easy way to sniper. I need to find something to fix without this...

11. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

You have much to learn about forgehub, being a douchebag on the forums will destroy you. This is all about constructive criticism, if you dislike something or see a mistake point it out, but in a respectful manner. This forger obviously spent a good amount of time and effort with this map, so I think that you owe him at least that much..

Looking on the other way of things, this map is very accurate and well forged. I liked what you did with the BR tower 3. Also the liftroom was exceptionally done. Great job, and keep forging

12. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Thats how the original Lockout, and also Blackout both played. I think it would be a good thing if you kept it that way! ;D

Just my 2cnts