Little BIG room

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Xuloz, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Xuloz

Xuloz Ancient

I've been wanting to make a map like this for some time now, and I have finally did it. It's a game room, like in real life, but everything is enlarged. A normal room in a normal house. Your about the size of a small cup compared to the objects around you.

My next map is a bathroom.

Humans:
    Spawn with shotgun and magnum.
    There are weapons all over the map, but none of the weapons respawn so use them wisely.

Zombies:
    Spawn with Energy Sword and gravity hammer.
    Everytime Zombies spawn, they have a temporary 3 second Invulnerbility to prevent from being spawn killed right away.
    Zombies have shields, because of all the unique weapons on the map.

Map Variant: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98839027

Game Variant: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=98839076

Here are the pictures...

Overview
    [​IMG]

The bed
    [​IMG]

Computer table and other objects
    [​IMG]

Below Computer Table
    [​IMG]

Computer Cabinet
    [​IMG]

Computer Drawers
    [​IMG]

Modem on top of the computer (Also shows modem cable, that you can walk on)
    [​IMG]

TV set (Also shows red, yellow, and white cables)
    [​IMG]

Table
    [​IMG]

The window
    [​IMG]

Things you can jump on, that are actually there in real life. Surprising...
    [​IMG]

Closet DOOR (Also shows the xbox to the left, with the disk tray open.)
    [​IMG]

Inside of the closet (Also shows toy car that I never had)
    [​IMG]

Zombie spawn (This is only the starting spawns, but the spawn points are scattered around the map, so no spawn killing.)
    [​IMG]

Hair Straightener (Yes I straighten my hair.)
    [​IMG]

The empty power outlet... sad.
    [​IMG]

Play with the game variant posted at the bottom, and top of page.

Map Variant: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Game Variant: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

2. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

This is amazing, I love the concept and pretty much everything about it, although I haven't played on it so I can't grade you for game play but aesthetics and design get a 10/10 this is definitely one of the cooler maps I have seen on this site.

3. Ix Massacre xxI

Ix Massacre xxI Ancient

I love the astetics HERE! My favorite has to be the cable great idea. The spawns aren't very thought out but at least there is no spawn killing. Great job 8.5/10 The 8.5 for the pretty open middle space.

4. ShortKidPena

ShortKidPena Ancient

This map is great in many different ways. Its very original, has great aesthetics, and is well forged. I had a similar idea, but never really gave it any thought, but if i were to picture it, this would definitely be it. The only thing that i would be worried about would be the openness of the center. If i could add one thing it would be some sort of structure to take up the emptiness of the middle. I would recommend maybe building some sort of lazy-boy or couch if you could find the money.

Great work-4.8/5

5. Xuloz

Xuloz Ancient

I was planning on making something in the middle, but I figured, who has something in the middle of their room, and I couldn't think of any of my friends that had something in the middle of their room, or my room. So I mainly built the open space for the toy car(warthog) to drive around.

I've played this with 5 of my friends, and I think it's pretty balanced, just don't be too much of a douche and stay in the warthog the whole game.

And yes, I mainly focused on Aesthetics, because I love building them.

Thank you for the comments, this took me about 12 hours to build. But I took breaks of course :D. Also, check out my dinosaur in the Aesthetic section if you haven't already. It's called RAWR.

#5 Xuloz, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. Organite

Organite Journalist

This reminds me of the movie Toy Soldiers ha ha.

oh and as far as something in the middle, you coulda built a little human dude in the middle in panic over the little people fighting in his room.
    then again, budget and resource restrictions would probably make it hard to do it well.

7. Xuloz

Xuloz Ancient

Thank you for your good idea, I'm going to put that in the map, on my V2.

8. RidleyXX45

RidleyXX45 Ancient

Well, I must admit, Im impressed, But that's really not an accomplishment. Seriously though, great work. I've never seen the concept of playing in a giant room used before. You can also see all the time and effort put into making this map. I think it's worth playing, but that's only my opinion. Koodos to you. 5/5

9. CryptoKnight

CryptoKnight Ancient

any one played unreal tournament? well its a PC fps. but they have a map just like this. So i dont know if you knew about that, but still nice big/small map. the only thing is the bed could be wider

#9 CryptoKnight, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  10. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

I think since some people are saying you need to fill in the center a little, you could put like a backpack or a clothes heap or something, although that would be very hard to do aesthetically... Still think this map is epic.

11. Herkine

Herkine Ancient

Looks like an awesome map. I don't know how well it'll play but you definitely did a good job with the aesthetics.

12. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

I don't know about the gameplay, the middle of the map is completely open. I would say this is more of an aesthetics map than a casual map. But I'll try it out anyway for infection. I've never seen a map like this in halo though, so congrats to the originality.

Edit: first time seeing new rank changes and WTF?

13. Estmid

Estmid Ancient

The concept is amazing, and i do think that the map is very well made! Don't know how it would be played so i would put this as an aesthetic map, yet i do like to not waste a map =D. Great job! <(^_^)<

14. Rilo Kyvlaar

Rilo Kyvlaar Forerunner

I would just like to say that you put the colors in the wrong order. They are supposed to be yellow, white, then red. And the X-Box 360 is upside down(you also need to play your 360 with a hard drive(i mean the xbox in the map)).

15. Jellofish777

Jellofish777 Ancient

+ Aestetically this is genius.
    + The forging is awesome and its just really fun being in the room.
    + Straightener users gotta stick together :)

- The map is to open for a proper match of zombies, this would have been better in the aestetic section in my opinion, that way people would focus less on the gameplay.

Score: 6/10

16. GearBox12

GearBox12 Forerunner

Looks really good. I Shall DL