Sandbox Lithium

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Jolley34, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Jolley34

Jolley34 Ancient

[​IMG]

Lithium

Made by: Jolley34, EP 12

Description:

This is a map made for MLG team slayer, and its an small map with some cool feutures in sandbox sky. The map is build to get a long range battle and some infighting, And a perfect weapon setup on the map with a power weapon in the middle of the map, snipers on each side and a custom power up that spawning after 120 sec after game started.
    It doesn´t matter if you are red or blue team beacuse one team doesn´t got better base then the other team.
    The small area make the map a intensive fight, and alot of kickass!

Weapons:

x5 Battle Rifles
    x2 Carbines
    x1 Mauler
    x1 Rocket Launcher, 120 sec respawn
    x2 Sniper Rifles
    x4 Frag Grenades
    x4 Plasma Grenades
    x1 Custom Power up, 120 sec respawn

Gametypes:

MLG team slayer

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Overview
    [​IMG]
    Custom Power Up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Overview over Rocket and right side

[​IMG]

Red spawn place
    [​IMG]
    Blue spawn place
    [​IMG]
    ''Long'', road to Overshield

Additional Information:
    This is the first time we have make an MLG map and send it in to forgehub.
    So you can call us amateurs and please leave comment beacuse we have to know if we need to fix anything , upgrade anything, we havn´t try the map with 4 vs 4 we have just tried it 1v1 and it worked greated.

Thx!

#1 Jolley34, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. ep12

ep12 Ancient

It is cruel Jolley, what job we have done. Lithium in my heart!!

#2 ep12, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. madz333

madz333 Ancient

First off, I reccomend that you test a map more than just 1v1 to get a better idea of how gameplay works so that you can fix spawns, and weapons etc. because normally the first time you try something, it doesn't work out as best as it could. Seeing as that this could be playable up to 4v4, I would reccomend that is what you would want to test. Also, I think rockets should be switched for mauler due to the small space this map is in.

4. xItZ JENKiNSx

xItZ JENKiNSx Ancient

Looks pretty good from ur post. As I can see, it looks like you hardly interlocked at all and I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I will download and try out later.

5. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

Hmmm rather small, but the construction is very creative. The use of tin cups could very much be used in this map. congrats again

6. A lolcopter

A lolcopter Ancient

this is cool and i really like the idea, but i dont think the forging is the best.
    there r some ledges and stuff people can get on and some parts you can fall off.
    and there r bumps and nobody likes that. anyway, i rate it a 3/5.

7. Ambien Man

Ambien Man Ancient

you have a good idea here. From your post I don't really know how a full 4v4 game would play out. What is it that makes the starting spawns for the blue and red teams balanced. From the screen shots it looks like the red teamm doesn't have many options on where to go. Another thing I'd like to point out is that there is not a single multi-level structure on the whole map. There is potential for some good mid-range BR battles but the angles or jumps don't seem to original or creative. I also noticed that there was not interlocking. This is not a bad thing I think interocking is great but that it is often overused. Just bear in mind that your map can have a lot more possibilities if you know how to interlock well. Overall it looks pretty good 3/5

8. Virus

Virus Ancient
    Banned

From the screen shots it looks like the red teamm doesn't have many options on where to go. Another thing I'd like to point out is that there is not a single multi-level structure on the whole map. There is potential for some good mid-range BR battles but the angles or jumps don't seem to original or creative. I also noticed that there was not interlocking. This is not a bad thing I think interocking is great but that it is often overused.

9. xasphyxiated

xasphyxiated Ancient

This map looks extremely inspired by Reflux. Not saying it's a bad thing, but I'll have to download it and see what it's capable of.

10. Fatgezzer724

Fatgezzer724 Ancient

The large wedges at blue spawn could be lowered into the ground to make a ramp into the spawn or use wedge huge.
    fategzzer724

11. Mattfreitas420

Mattfreitas420 Forerunner

Pretty good looking map. but MLG maps are usally Asymmetrical. Other wise the gameplay wouldn't be to fair. maybe you should post it under Competitive maps instead.