Lithium

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by WheezyMoney, Jan 31, 2009.

1. WheezyMoney

WheezyMoney Ancient

forged by THE PHURIA, designed by NEVERCRY WHEEZY

this is an asymmetrical map designed by me in 2008. it was forged by the phuria during the christmas break. i posted a sketch-up around the time when fritzster released his components. its a map separated into 4 rooms. they are linked by ramps that lead to the middle structure. the 4 rooms all have colours associated with them, and two of them can be distinguished via the power weapons in the room.

weapons:

4 battle rifles 10 seconds respawn

2 carbines. 90 second respawn

1 camo. 120 seconds. placed in purple room

1 sniper 150 seconds respawn. placed top b.

1 spiker 120 seconds respawn. placed bottom middle

Map Overview:

[​IMG]

pictures:

[​IMG]
    blue room

[​IMG]
    blue room, going to yellow

[​IMG]
    red room looking into top middle

[​IMG]
    purple room

[​IMG]
    yellow to top/bottom mid

[​IMG]
    top mid. sniper on top left

[​IMG]
    yellow

[​IMG]
    blue room

[​IMG]
    purple room looking at camo

[​IMG]
    red room from top mid

lithium vBETA

2. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

Looks very well made. I like it. It is sort of cluttered though and reminds e of the map I'm just finishing up. The cluttered part I mean. This has some neat interlocks and all the wavy paths are cool. Good job.

#2 SVV33T SAUC3, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
  3. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

not too bad, has a nice flow to it but i think that the powerups in the walls give it a little mlg touch that in my opinion that map would be better off without.

overall your map needs work but is ok

4. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

I like this! I think the time and effort that you put into your map shows. I REALLY love the layout of this map. Interlocking and geomerging looks great and so does the gameplay. I'll try and find some space on my fileshare so I can download this later. RATING: 4/5

5. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

Excellent work on the map, it looks fantastic. Definately an assymetrical work of art, and the weapon placement looks good too. There's a great deal of interlocking on this map, and not a whole bunch of unnecessary geomerges. DLing now. By the way, what gametypes do you recommend for this map?

6. DDjusD

DDjusD Ancient

-snip-

#6 DDjusD, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. JH2P

JH2P Ancient

I like how it is asymmetrical, yet still feels somewhat symmetrical. I know that it's a Beta version, so it isn't finished, but right now you cannot play many gametypes other than Slayer. I would love to see a working CTF version of this map.

Also, the weapons seem really sparse with more than four players; I'd add a few more weapons, or put in MLG.

8. AssassinChao

AssassinChao Ancient

DDjusD its google sketchup that i was nice enuff to provide u a link to if u wanted to look at it :) Google SketchUp

and this definately looks like a great map :D i hope i get a chance to dl soon

9. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

I really like these types of maps, well designed and fun gameplay especially for people who likes the BR like me.

You could have made this MLG though, sad face. The map layout looks like it is MLG, but you had to put the spikers, sad face again. I don't really like where you put the camo. Try putting it in a more less-open space. Nice job.

10. delaney.99

delaney.99 Ancient

I have to say i was blown away by this map the interlocking looks absolutely perfect and so does weapon placement. It seems open and close-quarters at the same time but i do have to agree with Reigning Chaos 'cause i really hate it when there are powerups in the wall for two reasons; 1. I absolutely hate MLG and 2. It is waaaaaaaay overused. And as an ending note, how in the hell did you get that sketch in the first pic??? (10/10)

11. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

I have this q'eud. You sold me on the pictures because from what I can see visually so far is a well forged map reminiscent of some I have played in the past. I'd have to say your structures look interesting and I am eager to see how they affect lines of sight and high to low vantage points. Just know I'll likely get a game on this sometime this week and give you my thoughts and comments.

12. Bl4ckhawk

Bl4ckhawk Ancient

wow this map is great! It would certainly make a good MLG map, and looks good for CTF and assualt. It has great interlocking/geomerging and everything is smooth and creates a fast paced game. Good job 5/5 from me!
    ~BlackhawkO3~