Liftoff

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by G-Bag, Apr 12, 2008.

1. G-Bag

G-Bag Ancient

LIFTOFF
    - Standoff Variant-
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Gameplay video coming soon!!!

This is the 3rd release of the Grav Bag Collection! Enjoy!

Compatible Gametypes Include: Slayer (all variants), Territories (all variants), Multi Flag ('Liftoff MCTF' only), Neutral Bomb Assault ('Liftoff N Bomb' only), and yes even Infection for you brain eaters ('Air Zombie' only)

Special Note - Besides slayer and territories, you need the specific gametype from me to play correctly (Liftoff MCTF, Liftoff N Bomb, and Air Zombie)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liftoff features two nearly symmetrical air bases hovering over the two ground bases on Standoff. The only way to reach these bases is to take the launchpads located over silo #1 and silo #2. It is interlocked, albeit minimally.
    Some of the jumps are tricky, and the best way to make the launchpad jump is just to walk into the pad from the opposite side of where you want to land. The grav-lift up on the sky bases must be jumped into to make the final jump, and there are a few tricks and traps along the way. *winks*

-Launchpad-
    [​IMG]

-Blue defends base with a view of the red base in the background-
    [​IMG]

For the Liftoff MCTF variant, Blue and Red each spawn in opposite ground bases, and the other team's flag is in the sky base on the other side. To get to the flag you must capture, you have to go left out of the ground base to the launchpad and then up. Once the flag is in hand, you must bring it back to the same spot on your sky base, via the opposite launchpad.

For the Liftoff N Bomb variant, the bomb spawns in the center of the map on the ground, between the two bases, and the bomb detonation spot is in the other teams sky base on the opposite side from where you spawned.. reached by the launchpad to the left of the initial spawn.

Air Zombie Infection variant spawns two alpha zombies in either ground base, while humans spawn up in the air bases. Zombies have poor camo, slightly less gravity, are faster, have no shields, and are equipped with energy swords. The last man standing loses his radar, but gains a 2x overshield, a little bit of speed and a little more damage resistance.

*Note- You must use the mentioned variants (besides slayer and territories) due to the nature of the launchpads.. if you try to carry a flag or bomb up there normally, you will not make the jump. My variants give the bomb/flag carrier a slower speed but also slightly decreased gravity.

In Team Slayer, teams spawn in opposite ground bases. FFA Slayer has random placed spawns on the ground, no one spawns in the sky bases for either.

There are 5 territories for territories variants, one on top of each ground base, one at the end of each sky base, and one in the center of the map on the ground.

-Red goes for the base with a view of the other base in the back-
    [​IMG]

Weapons, power-ups, and vehicles
    -
    There are two warthogs on Liftoff, in the same places as normal Standoff, and there are also 2 mongeese on the roof of each ground base.

There is a bubble shield and a regenerator on the ground near the center, and a power drainer and grav lift up on each sky base. One base has an active camo, while the other contains an overshield.

The weapon layout is nearly the same as normal Standoff as well, with a few exceptions. In front of one launchpad, there is a spartan laser, and the other has a sniper rifle. There is also a mauler behind each launchpad, as well as 1 on each sky base. There are plenty of BR's around, and one carbine on each side in the air. There is 1 turret on each sky base, as well as one on the top of each ground base. Sticky nades and frags are around in various places as well.

-Red tries to stop Blue from making it up to the base to score-
    [​IMG]

-Silly driver wanted to fly-
    [​IMG]

PLEASE: If you find any problems with spawn points.. or anything at all really, please let me know. This is the first map that I have made that wasn't designed specifically for one gametype, so I may have overlooked something vitally important.

-Blue scores the flag-
    [​IMG]

#1 G-Bag, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. nullstar

nullstar Ancient

looks just like an extension on the map, i think i will DL

3. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

Hmm looks like would make for some interesting games

Knock knock :)

4. G-Bag

G-Bag Ancient

oh no you didnt!!!!

5. forgekid

forgekid Ancient

Looks great. I love standoff maps that don't suck.

6. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

it looks like a decent map, weapon placement looks fine (which is where most people stuff up i.e. ME) and i LOVE the shot of the flying warthog getting lasered it's so damn cool

7. G-Bag

G-Bag Ancient

I really appreciate all of the positive comments guys. Hopefully some of you will play it and let me know how it turns out :)

8. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

i love the launch pad.does it launch straight up?

9. G-Bag

G-Bag Ancient

depends on how you hit them. you can just bounce on them like giant trampolines all day if you want lol.. i do that...

if any of you have seen my map 'Singularity'(linked in sig), the launchpads are just the machine with the entire top and sides removed.

10. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Tight, finally a good Standoff map that shoots you skyward! This looks like I'll hvae fun sniping...

11. G-Bag

G-Bag Ancient

I just noticed something...

the numbers on the top of the silos have disappeared ... has this happened to anyone else? Like when you are playing it.. they are totally gone...

weirdity

and ya.. it's mad fun to snipe on hehe.. so go DL it! I only have 1 download so far haha

*edit* do ppl always rate maps when they haven't played them? like.. just from the thread? bc i know for a fact no one has played it yet and someone gave me 3 stars? is that how the ratings work? should I be rating ppls maps just from my impression from the thread?

and please if you are going to rate me, please speak up and tell me why, and your thoughts and such ... doesn't really help me if I get no feedback, thanks.

#11 G-Bag, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  12. INTPsmith

INTPsmith Ancient

Reminds me of a map by an xbox live damer named Modeno.