leveling wall as floor to the top of a block

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by onebitrocket, Apr 19, 2009.

1. onebitrocket

onebitrocket Ancient

I'm working on this

It's a three floored pyramid, some of the floors are free floating, but what i want to do is geomerge the floors to the are level with the top of any blocks they are sat on.

Currently the second a third floors are sat on top of blocks, i want the top surface of the floor pieces to be sat level with the top surface of the blocks

Similar to how some people have made a level bridge out of a bridge piece and two large blocks and the top is smooth.

Hope that makes sense.

Any tips on how to achieve this would be great.

Thanks

2. MousseMooseROCKS

I think I understand. I'm guessing you're saying you want your blocks and walls to make a plat surface.

Anyways, it's really simple, but it might take a while.
    1. Spawn a block and place a wall flat against the top of it.
    2. Delete the block.
    3. Put another wall flat against the underneath of the wall you already placed and save the map to make it float.
    4. Go back to your map and delete the wall on top.

Now pit a block right next to it and it should be smooth enough.

#2 MousseMooseROCKS, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  3. Jzzkc

Jzzkc Ancient

There's an even easier solution:

1: Place guildlines (wall singles) where you want the floating wall to be.
    2: Place a block, single, and place a wall on top of it.
    3: Now, Place any sort of ramp, and then spawn a man cannon on top of it. Point the man cannon into the corner that you should have.
    4: From here, create a wall, single.. and push it directly into the stream of the man cannon. After a bit of adjusting so it's aligned with the guildlines you made previously, drop the wall. After it struggles for 1 second, it should settle. Delete the wall on top of the wall that just struggled, along with the guildlines that you placed. The wall should be perfectly even with the surface you created.
    Your block: []
    Wall: _ , also ""
    Man Cannon: 7
    Guidelines: i

[]i (start new round, block disappears)
    _
    i[] (create a new block, add a wall on top of it.)
    _
    i (delete the box) underneath
    _
    i 7 (point man cannon where you want the wall to be)
    _
    i"" 7 (slide a wall underneath the wall that's fixed)

i"" 7 (delete the wall on top)

[]."" (delete the guildlines you made, spawn your original box.)

Keep in mind that there will be a gap between the wall and the box, to fix this.. while you are placing the guidelines.. do the following

I: Wall 1
    i: Wall 2

i
    Ii (create a new wall, place it where the block would be)
    iI (move the original wall behind the new wall)
    i (delete the new wall that was created)

I hope that makes sense, if you don't understand... look at one of my posts, I have already demonstrated an example of reverse stacking.

4. MousseMooseROCKS

Jzzkc, that is mostly the same method I just said except you used a different floating technique. You could have also just used the block as a brace. It's much faster and a little more accurate.

5. Jzzkc

Jzzkc Ancient

Yeeah, but people don't like waiting while they're forging. I know while I'm forging I'm always two thinking two steps ahead at least, so getting stuck saving the game, ending it, waiting for the black screen to go away, waiting for the game to realize 100% means the map is done loading, wait for the game to start, and then get back to what you are doing... is the worst waste of time I can think of while forging. Either solution may be more accurate, but I know that my method removes the need to save the game and end it.

6. MousseMooseROCKS

Okay, I'm not angry with you, but you could've just said to use your man cannon method.

7. onebitrocket

onebitrocket Ancient

Both methods seem fairly striaght forward, i might have my work cut out to get this done in budget, based on the scale of the floor i need to make.

Thanks Though.

8. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

Another method which I frequently use is to 1: place the box that you want the Wall / Dbl-Wall to be even with, then 2: make it either spawn at start: no if you want to interlock (and then go to 3) or (skip 2) and 3: place a Tall or Huge Block on its side where you want the wall to be. This means that one of the largest planes of either block is on the ground, with the other facing upwards. Next 4: place a Large Stone Column on top of the block in the same way (largest planes touching block and facing up). 5: place a Wall / Dbl-Wall flat on top of the column and then 6: place another Wall / Dbl-Wall flat on top of that. Don't forget to delete the stack of objects underneath you Wall / Dbl-Wall and then force spawn your original block if you are interlocking.

P.S. I always use braces to line up my interlocks and to place objects in general, so I recommend that you use braces as well.

9. Jzzkc

Jzzkc Ancient

I never said that he had to use my method, I was just giving him alternatives. If he doesn't want to use mine because of tediousness, so be it. I'm here to help people, not start confrontations.

10. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

I think it is safe to say that we have effectively given onebitrocket three different methods of accomplishing the same thing. Good job to all others to posted for finding out their methods, and good luck to onebitrocket with hopes that he will be able to effectively complete his map to the standards that he aims to reach.