Let's Die!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by M.Jelleh, May 18, 2008.

1. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Let's Die! V1

"Let's Die!" came to me in a dream one night. Not really, I just thought it would be cool to have a game with an entirely new objective. That objective is to have your team kill themselves as much as possible, before the other team can.

Two teams spawn on seperate sides of a platform on the outskirts of Standoff. The bridges and cages on the sides prevent the team members from escaping. The high gravity setting on the custom game aids in this. In the middle of the enclosed platform is a gap, where you can fall. The gap is protected by a shield door.

Link to Map: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=35635888
    Link to Suicide Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=35635775

[​IMG]

In preferable circumstances, you will commit suicide within a matter of seconds. That is, if the other team doesn't get to you first. Both teams spawn with a sniper rifle and brute shot. In addition, there are machine guns at seperate ends of the platform. Kills give no points, but are extremely vital, suicides give 1 point each.

This is only V1, if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them and will most likely implement them in V2. Thank you.

Please rate and/or DL.

[​IMG]

#1 M.Jelleh, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

i like the concept and the idea of the game. I knew you can change the kill settings but i did not think you could make it so suicides gave you points. Really cool i will DL to see how it plays out.

3. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Hey thanks man, i appreciate it

4. hiddenninja17

hiddenninja17 Ancient

interesting...
    suicide or be killed, that's kind of weird, but also cool, i'm confused, good job.

5. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Awesome map idea but from what it looks like, a simple grenade jump can get you out of the map

6. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

well, as he said the low gravity prevents from escaping
    so yeah
    there ya go
    haha

7. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

ya, that's why I have high gravity. I think that should keep you in, but if it doesn't i will try and make more fixes for V2. I am thinking about a FFA version of this in the one area of avalanche. That will probably be with rockets.

8. Lord Snakie

Lord Snakie Ancient

I've toyed around with the idea of trying something like this, but I didn't. It's a good idea, but I have 100 file spaces, so... *angryfaice*

9. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

I like the idea of this, but not the idea of having a weapon that deals splash damage along with this. It may not kill the person, but when he (and a growing number of she) falls off, it counts as another person's kill, because of his/her weapon with splash damage. How about just giving them snipers, and that's it. Get rid of the brute shots, but keep the turrets.

10. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Okay, well I will get rid of brute shots for V2 then. Until then you can just alter my gametype. Thanks for the advice!

11. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

looks fun, but you should add other more fun suicide ways

12. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

While you are going to get rid of the Brute Shot anyway in V2, I also think that the brute shot would be bad in another way. By simply aiming down, and firing a few shots, you can kill yourself. It eliminates the reason to go down the pit in the middle. This leads to why a version with Rockets wouldn't go well, as the people could look down and fire a Rocket, an easy suicide. And as for new ways to kill yourself, I suggest a Mancannon as well as a pit, to launch yourself toward the death barrier, to kill yourself.

13. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Well, I think I am going to make a new FFA map on Avalanche. The objective is to kill yourself, but this time, you are actually just falling through a VIP objective point. That way, you die falling and get a point without all of the other shiznits. I am thinking one platform where everybody starts, rockets are starting weapon. Use teleporter there and go to one of a series of points. Then everybody is shooting rockets there and if you are lucky, you get to other teleporter, go to the second platform, fall through the hole there, score, and die. Anyway... what do you think. Also no one steal my idea because it is like 1/4 done already =P

14. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

anyone else have an opinion?

15. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

I'm sure this has already been said, but this seems like it should go in the minigames map section.....Sounds like an interesting idea, though, I've toyed with the concept of something like this myself.

16. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Lol I was not sure which forum to post it in =P

17. Tex

Tex Ancient

LOL kill or be killed meet kill yourself or be killed lmfao...this looks really interesting, great job man

18. Boukary777

Boukary777 Ancient

From my impressions, it looks ok. The interlocking could be less sloppy for such a simple arena. But also people can escape thru the side walls of the the ditch.

You may think people would just kill themselves in there, but there is always that one person who doesn't want to follow the rules, and if they can get out of the map then they will. Block that off and maybe add a roof to it because people should be able to jump away from bullets so they can't get hit.

Also - the concept is semi-original, but I've seen similar. But that doesn't detract from the fun it could be.

Those are my few suggestions that could help make your map better.

Edit : It seems that it isn't even interlocked, I think you should interlock it so it seems more professional. Also I think you should add 1 more screenshot showing the peoples' perspective on the main battle field instead of just the pit.

#18 Boukary777, May 23, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  19. Beettaaa

Beettaaa Ancient

how do the people kill themselves with only snipers?

What's keeping the people from leaving the map through the shield doors?

I don't get this map.

20. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

There are snipers so that the people on one team can kill the other people on the other team without them commiting suicide first. The map itself is made on a part on Standoff that has 'lava' on it. If you spend too much time out here, you die. If you spend some time on it, and then get back on a different surface, your 'feet' cool off, and you can return to the lava area again. There is a map called Solaris that plays on this 'lava', with some ledges and platforms to cool your feet off.

The map isn't interlocked because when you simply place an object out on the 'lava', the object deletes itself. Also, there is an elastic barrier that keeps people and items out of this area. It would be difficult to interlock anything in this area.

Actually, after thinking about it, you should have just done this over the ledge of the map. When you fall into the middle pit area, you don't actually commit suicide. Instead, the Guardians kill you, and you don't get the point for basically commiting suicide.

#20 Wraith, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008