Legendary Map Pack?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by XarabianNinjaX, Mar 26, 2008.

?

What new map are you looking frward to the most?

1. Ghost Town

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Avalanche

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blackout

100.0%
  4. too poor to afford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. all of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

Avalache looks the coolest, it is huge and bungie liked it so much, they gave the vechiles a custom paint job.

Ghost Town looks tight too, but I really don't know how it will feel.

Blackout in my opinion, looks like a waste, I hated lockout when compared too the other maps. I think there where way better options like terminal, relic, backwash, containment, and waterworks would be perfect with the hornet and the mongoose.

2. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

Definitely Blackout for me. I think this new map pack is going to give me reason to play Halo even more. I can't wait to see how they remade Lockout. Apparently Bungie is also adding some new special items to the forge pallete on Blackout, this gives me even more reason to go out and buy the map pack.

Ghost Town is also a big one for me because it is something new, something we haven't already seen.

As for Sidewinder, it is also a new map for me as I never actually played this map on Halo 1 (I only ever did the campaign).

Overall, I'm looking forward to the whole map pack in general... because who doesn't love new maps? Even though I'm liking them all, Blackout has my vote for sure.

3. PandaMan

PandaMan Ancient

Blackout all the way homies I loved lockout on h2, and cant wait till blackout comes out. I like having a sword on the map

4. PandaMan

PandaMan Ancient

What why does it way i'm a noob. My shoes have been stolen. I'm wearing them right now fools.

5. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

No double posting, please.

I believe every map has a lot of potential, given an ample supply of forge objects.

Blackout has nice smooth surfaces, which give it more potential than Avalanche's open spaces, but we have not seen the interior bases of Avalanche, which could be used well by a talented forger. Then there is Ghost town, which has potential if we can block off certain parts of the map.

Hopefully Bungie gives us high ceilings on each of these maps so we can play in the sky.

On a side note: Its kind of funny how we don't really see maps the same way the rest of the Halo community does. All we see is a "canvas" with which to paint on. This gives the game so much replayability, much beyond CoD4 or any other shooter.

If you don't know, CoD4 has had more players per day than Halo 3 for the past two months. Lets see if they can say that in another 3-4 months when more shooters come out, distilling the crowd that plays CoD4 and other shooters. I still believe we have the best shooter in Halo 3, and I'm not being a fanboy about it either; I have logical reasons to believe that the sustainability of Halo 3 is greater than CoD4.

--dc

6. XarabianNinjaX

XarabianNinjaX Ancient

you know, i never really thout of it like that, you bring up a good point. i mean the furums on bungie.net are all excited because of the gameplay and a map that actually has a scorpion on the unedited version of the map. i also think it funny