Legendary Map Forge Filters!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Furious D 18, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

From todays Weekly Update:
    They've added environmental effects, one of the most wanted things. But it appears that it covers the entire map. I was hoping for radius settings so we could change the appearance of different corners of the map. But this will me awesome anyway. I can't wait to fool around with this!

2. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Talk about Forge-gasm! I'm soooo excited now. I love the ability to block off access now. That is going to save so much resources. And the filters sound really cool, but it may just be a couple of times thing. Regardless, I may just have to call in sick on the 15th. You with me?

3. SwordScar

SwordScar Ancient

sorry to burst your bubble, but the environmental effects seem to only appear when taking screenies if you read carefully. I dont think that it will do anything during gameplay.

4. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

It does sound really cool, but I dunno. I can already imagine joining an infection game and the whole screen in 'old timey'. I would probably get really annoyed, really fast.

Edit: Wait, only for screenshots?

Edit 2:

Nope, its also in realtime in the game.

#4 the other dark, Apr 4, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Sorry sir, but it was you who were not reading carefully.

6. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I'm expecting some horrible maps that use the filters just for the sake of using filters. "Download this remake of Sidewinder but with Old Timey graphics!!!!1111"

7. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Dude, Gloomy or B&W Infection FTW!!!!

8. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Yep, it could be used for great maps, but the amount of noob-ish maps will be unbearable. Oh well, ForgeHub won't get too many of those type of maps... does anyone else think that the nova filter will just hinder your gameplay? It looks really blurry... we'll just have to see.

9. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

It would but I don't think anyone would actually use it on a map unless they were doing it specifically for a video or screen shot.

10. Comrade172

Comrade172 Ancient

I can't wait to try some of them out. They look so cool!

11. G043R

G043R Ancient

What I begun thinking with the filter is making the map feel like an infection map like cortana in campaign...

12. LIGHTSOUT225

Wow, just read the update... probably the best weekly update EVER. Super excited about the filters, and I think they will be used in actual maps. Might see a few new Masons pop up here and there. I have ideas...many, many ideas

13. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Judging from what Juicy looks like, I think it's something that I'm going to use on all my maps because it looks like it really enhances the colors.

14. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

I'm really excited about all the forerunner objects that are, innately, the foundry objects with a different feel... with all the new objects, the different size walls, the ability to create an invisible wall, plus the filters, it all makes for some awesomeness...

15. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

I don't think they are invisible mate.
    I think they are more like bulletproof windows. Have a look at this picture.
    [​IMG]

on the left side down from the green wall infront of the platform thing behind the wall.
    Looks like another wall but with a window in it.

I could be completly wrong though. 10 more days till we find out or sure.

16. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Yeah, looks like I misread the announcement, I went back and read it again and it would make sense for them to be those visible objects...

17. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Yeah, that pic there gave me a Forge-gasm. I can't wait to play around with those things.

I honestly was thinking about not getting this map pack, since 2/3 are remakes. But that Update totally destroyed any reluctance that I had.

18. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

ZOMFG!!!!!!! i love you bungie!!!!!!!!
    i was feeling the same way, but i mean, filters + awesome forunner objects + long immovable containers + shishka's head on rachel ray's body = EPIC WIN!

#18 kayaman132, Apr 5, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  19. SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC Ancient

Actually, its effects are visible in game. Let's say you set the "Colorblind" filter. As you play, everything will be black and white. Same goes for the otgers. Old-Timey makes it sepia. Nova is blurry, Juicy adds more color. Gloomy adds a depressing feel. Pen and ink is a cross between nova and colorblind.

20. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

lol forge-gasm is right. getting a bit off topic here but looking at that and considering the camera affects just gave me an idea for thelma and luise type race map except master chiefs instead of chicks and in the snow instead of the desert haha.