Legendary Forging Opportunities

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Cosmic Rick, Apr 16, 2008.

1. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Hey Rick, why do you think Bungie made the invisible barriers so constricting on Blackout? They won't even let you get on top of lift room or Sniper tower! >_<

I can't think of any good reasons... Would have made Forging so much more awesome-er (<-- I know, its not a real word).

--dc

2. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Yeah I dunno..I made that thread about my hopes for no close barriers on BL..I don't see the reasoning behind have them nearly pressed against the sides. I probably will stick to foundry..unless its something really small. Where is the largest flat snow area? The ice?

3. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Yes, I remember your thread; I think I may have even commented in it. A single tear ran down the side of my face when I realized how "small" the invisible barriers make blackout.

They make the use of any man-cannon laughable, which is why I question why they gave us so many objects, but no room to use them.

Very odd, Bungie. Very odd indeed.

--dc

4. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

I'm not sure, either. The thing I'm most disappointed about is the lack of wall-type objects. That'll cut back on the cool snow-fortresses and racetracks available for building. There's definitely plenty of room on Avalanche as long as you make your own floors (or use the ice).

5. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Well, I haven't played on/don't have the maps yet (GRR RROD) but I just wanted to know for when I get them.

6. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Sorry to hear that, dude. Is it just me or do A LOT of people on FH seem to get the RRoD? It just seems so prevalent on this site...

Glad I have a 360 Elite... though I know those are prone to fail a little less frequently, but still fail nonetheless.

--dc

7. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

a dumb cat, you should curse bungie again again for making the barriers so small on BL...hmm I dunno if I wanna even venture to forge there..it seems so much work for the a worse version of foundry (I also like foundry DB better..)

8. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

I don't have Legendary DLC yet but once I get em I have a great map idea for infection on Avalanche!

9. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Man I do not see what is fun about infection at all..so many people love it..I guess thats just my tastes.

I'd really like to see Vip actually work..thatd be fun.

10. Insane Eli7e

Insane Eli7e Ancient

Ghost Town can be really nice for zombie maps if you can think a bit outside of the box. I just made an Infection map on it that constantly changes, and I have a small 6-player FFA or 3-on-3 Team Slayer map underneath Blackout.l

11. Revenant

Revenant Ancient

Avalanches glitched areas look great for forging, I've got a great idea, but am getting to caught up with matchmaking.

12. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Eh, you probably just hear about it most here because there are a lot of XBOX users in one place.

13. watchtower18

watchtower18 Ancient

avalanche is by far the best for forging imo. The watchtowers are a great add on, and the number of vehicles could make a fun BTB. Also those rooms the teleporters go to are almost infection nirvana...

im interested in seeing if/how people use the camera effects to effect game play. Nova might be the only one that can really effect game play, but i bet gloomy makes infection feel better

14. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Thoughts up a few ides for massive FFA and team sniper battles on avalanche. Other than that, I got nothin.

15. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

I wanna make some kind of really cool floating base kind of thing on avalanche. Its a shame ill have to save and quit the whole thing because of the lack of flat ground.

I think i might also make a cool infection map on ghost town. I have a few ideas i am dying to try.

16. JaceMc

JaceMc Ancient

I have one awesome idea using a timed FX, which I am positive has never been done before. I have the basic 'story', (which'll be crazy, like am moveh), now I just to invent the map...

Ok I have to say... no. I won't. This is my idea. MINE. But you'll wish you had it. lololol. I'm so tired.