Legendary Forging Opportunities

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Cosmic Rick, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

So, what do you folks think you'll be doing with the new maps?

I know Neverless and GO43R have some ideas planned out already... involving a certain room on avalanche.

I think I'll be able to use Sidewinder as a foundry substitute for smaller maps... but the lack of wall-type materials makes me sad.

I see some disgustingly awesome race-tracks being build on avalanche, and there could be some interesting weapon re-placements on Ghost town.

Your thoughts?

2. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Well so far my favorite game play wise is Avalanche that map is awesome for forge id say Blackout that map has so much potential it I am already making a map on it.

3. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

The first thing I'm forging when I get my hands on the new map pack is Avalanche....sweet sweet Avalanche.

4. Mista Skittles

Mista Skittles Ancient

Well, I think that it is ridiculous that they put 24 double boxes on blackout but at the same time, it's awesome! I'll probably make a good objective based avelanche map or create a new zombie map on ghost town using the camera FX or a warthog hill climb kinda thing on avelanche!

I think it's funny that us forgers exploit all of the new maps as soon as they're released!

#4 Mista Skittles, Apr 16, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  5. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

same, one avalanche map, then i might try something on ghost town (i think i'm using the same "special room" as Neverless and GO43R but im not sure)

6. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

do you mean the middle room, or the purple rooms?

7. David 118

David 118 Ancient

avalache definatly has the most potential for forging because of its size and objects. Ive already been on with that contained a massive floating base it was increadble and must have been done very quickly because the maps had only been out a few hours!

8. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

central cavern with the man cannons, but my maps going to be up in a couple of hours, and theirs is probably better.

9. Gordo24

Gordo24 Ancient

The central cavern is going to make for some sweet forging also the amout of space outside of blackout will allow for a ton more platforms and areas to fight on.

10. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

If you guys haven't noticed, there is a ton of room BENEATH blackout. I could see some interesting modifications being made using an extra bottom floor. Personally, I'm making my next 'foundry' map down there.

11. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

I was highly anticipating a better forging experience on Avalanche, but it is by far the best. The map is so big that it needs to let you be able to place more of an item.

Ghost town was great for making awesome Machinima situations and Ambush mission maps, I loved it.

But Blackout, I'm sorry I never was a one of the many fans who loved it, hell even liked it... Blackout has allot of improvements, but it still wouldn't have been the second map I would have chosen by FAR!

12. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Here is a question. When you overload the map so things like shield doors and man cannons turn off, when you save it, are they always turned off?

13. toonshorty

toonshorty Ancient

No there not

14. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

I agree here ... i was hoping for a wider ranged palate of objects, as well as a better buiLding surface ... but i'm picky and lazy.

Blackout sucks for mapmaking off to the side of the main structures, as there is no light. Thusly you end up with a level that is practically pitch black.

#14 TexturedSun, Apr 16, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  15. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

I noticed that too! But it seemed alot shorter when I showed Dom. He just went "Space, eh?" then went back to trying to merge a wall somewhere.

16. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I don't think there's much that can be done with Ghost Town Forge-wise, other that weapon replacement like you already mentioned and minor tweaking. It's already cluttered up enough and the soft ceiling makes it difficult to add stuff vertically. Looks like the best choices will be Avalanche. That mancannon chasm caught my eye as well. Blackout could be interesting, I suppose. But running through the maps last night made me think that a slowdown of Foundry maps won't last for very long.

17. Reynbow

Reynbow Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

I agree that Avalanche is a great map to forge on but... Only 16 "wall" piece?!?! (8 walls and 8 of the other semi-see through ones)
    That just seems really stupid in my opinion. I think it would have been a Foundry replacement if there were a lot more walls. People could have just used the open snow as the "foundry floor".
    Anyway... I guess people will have to stick to using the double boxes etc...
    Only flaw in my opinion. I think it will limit some of the potentially excellent maps. Oh well...

18. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I saw the same exact thing when I first fired up the map. Bungie ripped us off by making the invisible walls so damn small on Blackout, but at least we have some room below the map.

Would it have really affected Bungie to make expand the invisible walls? I just don't get their reasoning behind things like this.

Oh, and I don't consider Blackout as a remake of Lockout. Its an insult to the original Lockout to do so.

--dc

19. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

How exactly do you get beneath?

20. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Umm... all I had to do was fly down there in monitor mode... might only be a few areas that you can do that from. I dunno.