Left 4 Dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Penguinish, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Penguinish

Penguinish Ancient

I just heard about this game a few days ago, and since then ive been super hyped for it.

[​IMG]

One thing i always wanted to do in a video game, was an epic zombie survival, agiasnt countless hordes of zombies. And this game, looks just to be that. Read more about it at wikipedia. From what i gathred, you and 4 friends on 4 player co-op must move around the city in (5) diffrent levels, each level is 45-75 mintues long, meaning, this game will be a long and very fun thrill ride. Xbox live, and 4 player coop let the epicness commence!

[​IMG]
    Just look at that, one level takes place in a corn field, how ****in scary is that?

vidoes!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a42YxC1ox1chttp://youtube.com/watch?v=ZQkFEJJg9DE --- ****ing awesome!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=74mTbios-LUhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=e7Vx82auvsQMan i cant wait. Not sure when the release is, im hearing novmember 4th from people but im not sure, i want it sooner!

#1 Penguinish, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
    The Hudacris and Juggernaut like this.
  2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

Mmmmmm. Looks tasty. Yea, a corn field level with zombies hasn't been done yet in a video game right? That would be very creepy, no sense of direction with random hordes of zombies wanting to eat your flesh... Looks good, nice find Penguinish. I'm looking forward to this game now that I've heard of it.

Edit: HOLY ****! Is that four player Co-op? And those zombies run fast!

#2 Juggernaut, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. Penguinish

Penguinish Ancient

yea, 4 player co-op with 4 diffrent type of zombies, read the Wikipedia page i linked for more info.

4. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

Seems like a good game, although I really don't like Zombie shooters, I really don't find them that fun.

Although I will download the demo for this game, and if its good, I'll buy...

Good post :)

5. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

pffft this game is a waste i haz infection on halo 3. jk i think this looks sweet. It will be as popular as halo 3 infection.

6. Relys

Relys Ancient

This looks really sweet.

7. N1NJ4

N1NJ4 Ancient

I've been stoked about this game since i got wind of it some odd months ago. this is the first i've SEEN on it and it looks soooooo sexy

8. Terminate421

Terminate421 Ancient

it looks cool but resident evil is enough for undead games don't you think?

9. Penguinish

Penguinish Ancient

I firmly believe this game will put RE to shame.

10. Terminate421

Terminate421 Ancient

RE won't be put to shame, after all Chris Redfield is too much of a badass.
    but it does look good but count how many game we have involving undead and we get something that seems unoriginal.
    And by reading the summary it seems like the I Am Legend game.

11. Penguinish

Penguinish Ancient

Yea, but how many games have 4 player online co-op survival agisant hordes of zombies for 5-7 hours? Pretty sure that hasn't been done yet ;)

Did you see the last video i posted with adam sessler? He says everything better than i could.

12. Arch3m

Arch3m Ancient

I've been watching this game since it was first announced a while ago. How long has it been? A year or so? Anyways, I'm torn between buying this for PC or the 360. I want it on the PC because of custom content and a preference to PC for Valve's games. I'll need to get a better graphics card before I try it, though, because it'll look awful with what I have right now. I want it for the 360, though, because most of my friends will most likely be getting it for the 360. I am left either getting what I want and dealing with inferior graphics until I upgrade, or playinhg with my friends, but at the cost of getting "the full package", so to speak.

13. Penguinish

Penguinish Ancient

Im getting it for the 360, because it will run smoother on my box. Plus i have an HDTV. But i know where your getting at. Plus im more of a controller person :p

14. pred10122

pred10122 Ancient

you forgot to mention the best part. the game creator created an engin called the AI Director which will make the replay value SUPER high. the AI editor radomly creates hordes, groups, and lone zombiez near you on the map. it also realizes that if you just killed a horde of 100 zombies and whent down 5 times that you need a break. it controls the pacing of the game depending on how well you are doing. IT IS TA ****.

15. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

I like the open but very clausterphobic areas like corn fields and pine tree forests. I exspect many scary encounters in this game whether its in a field or in an urban enviroment.

16. N1NJ4

N1NJ4 Ancient

As long as it delivers the goods and doesn't fall short of what they say it can do i'll be happy

17. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

Ever since I hear about this I have been uber hyped. Me and my friends cant wait to get our zombie on, As far as I am concerned this is the only zombie game you will ever need again. There are 20 maps I think to work through and each is called a 'movie'. Super cool.

so I hurd u liek zumbiez?

18. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

Ive been tracking this game sence like its early development
    I want it so bad comes out in nov and i will like cease playing halo when it comes out for a short while

19. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

wowzars really nice. This looks like a really awesome game penguinish. I heard about it, but I didn't know it would be this awesome. Sweet.

20. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

you missed some videos here they are
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSSHqNicKSs

some zombie point of veiw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qITRUDcO2iY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-GsnuQdfP8&feature=related