Sandbox Leap of faith

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by hallowhead1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hallowhead1

hallowhead1 Forerunner

Warning... This map is not meant to be easy, it is not merged good on purpose the landing isn't good on purpose, the wall turns in mid air are like that on purpose!,, and is not a circuit race map it is an objective race map. If you don't like either of the two then don't read on!

This map is a somewhat difficult map to just pick up the controller and ease through, you will eventually get the hang of it and start to have a good time

Instead of a normal race map i wanted to add a little twist to it so instead of making it the normal circuit i made it an objective type, the first person to reach the oddball wins the round, there are several rounds.

By the way this is my first race map ever! so don't hate

Beginning where the ramps spawn after a certain time
    [​IMG]

Where mongooses are
    [​IMG]

The bulk of the map
    [​IMG]

these are the series of ramps and turns
    [​IMG]

The jump of fate over the killball
    [​IMG]

The maze and ending
    [​IMG]

The ending building
    [​IMG]

Getting on the ghost through the wall
    [​IMG]

The ending room where the oddball is located
    [​IMG]

Map Video with one person
    YouTube - Rac3r

YOU NEED BOTH DOWNLOADS FOR MAP TO WORK!

Download Leap of Faith Here!
    Download Leap of Faith Variant Here!

Remember no hating it was my first map!

#1 hallowhead1, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. xDarklingx

xDarklingx Ancient

So you have tried to make it more challenging by making it bumpy? thats fair enough I suppose, but I do believe there are other ways to make your track more difficult without sacrificing quality. I know its your first map so this is something you will could take into account when you make your next one. So your map is not the best quality, but it looks like awesome fun with a friend or two. Good post by the way, its not often that someone with under 10 posts is actually successful in posting a map. 7/10 keep posting and keep at it!

3. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

Porblem with that sentence. You cannnot just purposely make a map unmerged. Anthign can be merged, even the sloppy parts. So honestly when you say that, it makes you seem kind of lazy.

Now as you did say, the map looks kind of sloppy and really hard to drive on. I will give ity a trry to see how hard it really is.

#3 Mister man 1217, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  4. hallowhead1

hallowhead1 Forerunner

I do have another race map out, i just posted them together. its called suspended roadways check it out

5. RittSea

RittSea Ancient

Hey, JPeloquin? I could tell immediately by the desgin of the racetrack that this was a "rollercoaster" type racetrack. These types of racetrack are always single laned and the objects are rarely merged. It's not the he's lazy, he just wanted to get the most out of the length of his track. To tell the truth some of the best racetrack forgers to date have made amazing rollercoasters that always break new records (such as the longest time of a single lap, the best aesthetics, or even the most fun!), and other than the starting point, those rollercoasters are not merged. Ever. And you can't call them lazy, can you?

6. LtNite

LtNite Ancient

Downloaded and tried it out, not bad, could be better but was fun. To be honest it wasn't THAT challenging, but couple parts through me off while driving. Overall I enjoyed it, I give it around a 7/10 also. Look forward to your further work!

7. hallowhead1

hallowhead1 Forerunner

thankss, i have a bunch of maps coming out 3-4 i think i don't remmeber none of which are race maps, i might make one more before reach we will see what happens