Sandbox Last Stand

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by gordofrog, Mar 26, 2009.

1. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

Last Stand
    Created by Gordofrog

Supported Gametypes:
    300 :viral:

Map Description
    Last Stand is a circular map based on one of the final scenes in 300. Near the end, the Spatans are ambushed and forced into a small sphere of shields while enemy persians shot arrows at them. You play as either Persian archers or the Spartans in their shields. The Persians must snipe the Spartans through the cracks and hit them about three times each. As a Spartan you must dodge and survive as long as possible.

The Map Overview
    [​IMG]

The Shield Shell
    [​IMG]

Dodging Persian Sniper Fire
    [​IMG]

Persian Sniper
    [​IMG]

Shot Through The Heart
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback

Download Last Stand
    Download 300

2. ShortKidPena

ShortKidPena Ancient

BRILLIANT!!! this map shows how to be unique. It also shows that not all of the best maps have merging. The idea is there perfectly, and it is implemented perfect too. The idea is so simple too. Also, are the persians able to move the barriers to make it easy to get the spartans? other than that i'll give you a 5/5!

WELL DONE!

EDIT: First post...lol

3. Rated Dirty

Rated Dirty Ancient

excellent idea man. This map shows what Sandbox can bring out of us. Certainly a DL for me. I loved 300, and one of the saddest parts of it is when they all get killed by the archers. The other sad part is when that mans son got decapitated by the axe.

5/5

4. l33tmeerkatslol

l33tmeerkatslol Ancient

When I saw the overview I really liked it. I then saw that the people were located under the platform. I still like it, but it would be cool if they got to jump around, but since it's based on 300 that idea is screwed. I like this, but it seems a bit boring for the humans. Maybe grenades or something for them. Idk. Good map.
    3.5/5.

5. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

This just might actually be up there with Duck Hunt and jenga! As in like a great game where people are trapped and the rest shoot the crap out of em....

just are you sure its immpossible to be in an untouchable place?

6. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

Looks fun! love the concept... I'm dl right now...
    edit: Another weapon that might be cool to add in with the sniper is some needlers or spikers since they're more like an arrow and stick in you for a little while.

#6 SRC48, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  7. nsD Dictator

nsD Dictator Ancient

this is really cool and i love how u used 300 in this

8. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

Man you ripped this right out of 300... its brilliant. This is to good to be true. The gameplay is very "oh sh!t watch out"-ish .Also I like your picture captions. 5/5.

9. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

Wow I never thought this would so popular, I want to thank everyone for the great feedback. I liked the spiker/ needler idea but I need to see how it works in game and I am almost 100% sure the humans can be sniped anywhere

10. Yyzyyz

Yyzyyz Ancient

doesn't that mean the player can just hide in the corner of the barricade

if so 3/5

11. Kalriq

Kalriq Ancient

I loved that movie and this looks like a great remake of that scene, you have my download, although maybe the spartans could have good damage resistance perhaps, I'm not sure.

12. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

Well I thought 3 shots before a Spartan death was pretty fair and there are 2 snipers so the humans are always able to be killed

13. Xang

Xang Ancient

Great idea, but if there were alot of zombies, the spartan would get owned... :p

14. LIGHTSOUT225

more information on the gametype would be appreciated. Is it round based? how does the scoring work? does the last man get points? how many points do the archers get for kills? how long is the game? how many players do you recommend?

These are things you should cover in your map post, so that you can peak the viewer's interest in your creation. I'm interested, but I would like to know more before I use up 2 precious hard drive slots.

15. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

At the moment my xbox live isn't working for some weird reason, but ill post all that when I get it working again

16. thumtac

thumtac Ancient

I wish there was more mobility for the Spartans. All they are doing is hiding behind cover.

17. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

As a spartan you can get more mobility by pushing a barricade off and going with it, you spawn on the roof of the structure

18. Velheka

Velheka Ancient

That could easily be fixed.

But has for the map, you getz a 4.5/5, I love this kinda of mini-game. The kind of one where if your inactive, your totally screwed. A nice clean map and fun to play, even if I annoyed my freinds by screaming "THIS. IS. SPARTA!" Every time I killed someone.

19. Evil J3bus

Evil J3bus Ancient

This is great man! I'm a huge fan of jenga and my mates are gonna love this! 5/5 I'll download when i get a new 360 (RRoD Grrrr.)

20. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

For Velheka, I made it so they could do this, it's a horrible strategy because your an easy target, but some people really like to risk it