Last Resort

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by II GUNTHER II, Oct 7, 2010.

1. II GUNTHER II

II GUNTHER II Forerunner

Zanzisort v1.0

THIS IS MY FIRST VERSION OF THIS MAP: THERE ARE TWO OTHER VERSIONS. ZANZISORT v2.0, and ZANZISORT v2.5 (complete)

YouTube - Halo: Reach Forge Map Remake Last Resort/Zazibar HERE IS A VIDEO OF THIS MAP.

DOWNLOAD LINK FIXED
    BE SURE TO ALSO CHECK OUT THE LATEST VERSION OF THIS MAP. (ZANZISORT v2.5)
    Here is the Last resort/ zanzibar remake i did. send me a friend request on xbl II GUNTHER II, or look me up on bungie.net First of all it is not perfect as the title says. only parts of it. the main ideah is there, and it is more like zanzibar in some cases. i was shooting for a more asthetic look, therefore it may not be perfect. i apologize for the title. i dont know how to change it. i spent about a week on this map. the fan in the middle of the map took about 3 or more hours by it self. I made this remake as exact as possible asthetically. in my opinion everything is almost there up until the main defensive base and ramp from froman leading along the wall to the defensive base. then i ran out of money. then i had to go back and make slight modifications to Pretty decorations and details of the map to be able to make the Big base inland and place vehicles and weapons on the map. The big base is the only thing that i had to "re-create" un-mirrored from the original last resort of halo 3. given more money i would have taken the time to make it exact. as far as exact goes, i had halo 3 up and running with two tvs side by side as i built my remake piece by piece. walking distances, height jumps and other things should be very close to original. although some jumping dustances didnt turn out well at all. anyway, i got all the death barriers upp and all neutral spawn points. havent prepped it for really any gametypes except slayer. all spawns are original. i hope you enjoy. tell me what you think. II Gunther II
    hope you enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 II GUNTHER II, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  2. used man

used man Ancient

Honestly, this looks pretty good, but you seem to have left out important gameplay elements in exchange for aesthetics. How can you climb up to the walkway from the wheel well? Also, the walkway from Froman to the defense base is completely missing. At least I have some competition now.

3. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I think I might just start making one as well so you can have even more competition. :p

But as used man said you've missed out some gameplay elements, therefor your map title is a lie. Other than that it looks very accurate and well forged.

#3 Spicy Forges, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  4. II GUNTHER II

II GUNTHER II Forerunner

thanks and you are right i wasnt able to put in that walkway due to budget since i had planned on doing it in the first place. but the budget wouldn't allow. plus zanzibar did not have that walway anyway so i wasnt tooooo worried. but it was a bummer.

i didnt understand what you meant by "how can you climb up the walkway from the wheel well? im confused. what walkway... the bridge to the center of the wheel?? iff so, i dont recall being able to do that...

i dont see how ive missed some major gameplay elements though... all i understand im missing is the froman walkway...and i meant to leave it out. becuase of budget sadly. but im not sure if thats a huge gameplay element..

thanks for the good feedback though. i may endup having to tone down the beauty for that froman ramp.

5. used man

used man Ancient

In last resort, you could ride the fan up to the collapsible bridge.

After looking at your remake ingame, I have a couple more complaints. The beach is to small, the top of the seawall is pretty much nonexistent, and what is there, is only accesible from the sniper spawn, the defense base only has the entrances in common with the original, and froman has no drop to the bottom.

6. II GUNTHER II

II GUNTHER II Forerunner

you are correct. :] all due to budget. i had a top of sea wall but had to cut it out and access from ramp side with other things to finish the map with more money.I also have in my description that the defense base is not in mirror with the original......due to budget. froman has not drop becuase it didnt work with that building type i used with my original design. and didnt seem like that big of a deal so i cut it out. shortened beach is by choice giving a more flooded look. just a different look.

tomorrow ill go through yours. i havent tested your yet. i wanna give it a shot if u dont mind. :]
    thanks for the feedback again.

Added after 3 minutes:

also i understand in last resort you could ride the fan up to the collapsible bridge. but obviously my fan is "broke" and doesnt spin...i just wanted the TRADEMARK look of zanzibar last resort by having the full fan.

#6 II GUNTHER II, Oct 7, 2010
  7. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

I'm always a little dubious when I see maps titled "Perfect remake". If you have to state something like that to encourage people to look then its almost certainly not true.

Thats pretty much the problem right there. You should never call anything perfect, its only perfect in your eyes and as far as you know and from looking at the map you recreated it based on memories of how you played on it.

The map is overall is all out of proportion. The beach itself should be big enough to spawn a whole team, a scorpion, 2 mongooses, a ghost and a warthog while players should be able to make a jump from Camp Froman to the Shotgun spawn as well as climb up the arch on the beach on to the top of the sea wall.

Some areas of the map look good, but this forum is for competitive maps, maps won't get by just by looking good.

8. BloodBender97

BloodBender97 Forerunner

Title should be Zanzibar Accurate Remake. This map is very nice. The aesthetics are just beautiful. You should have made one of the wings in the fan a half wing rather than a full one, to appear broken. That could give you a little more money for certain elements your missing. Like adding an invisible cannon, man in the fan so people can take a lift up?

9. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

This is actually like Zanzibar, not Last Resort.

10. Niel15

Niel15 Forerunner

Aww, the arch's gone.

11. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Yes, the map shouldn't really be "Last Resort Perfect Remake", perhaps "Zanzibar Quite Close Remake" or "Map which looks vaguely similar to Zanzibar".

Its not a map I'd add to my remake collection.

12. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

At first glance this map looked really awesome but the more I looked at it the more faults I could see dont get me wrong this is the best remake ive seen so far but looks like a mix of Zanzibar and Last resort? you might think of it as both but its actually neither map as a remake.

I would suggest making it perfect to last resort because you can go in forge and copy the spawns objective items piece by piece perfectly with respawn times etc. and some how do your map more cheaply :p

13. Harmonica

Harmonica Forerunner

What he said. I really commend your effort and I wouldn't be as critical and snarky like the other posters here because it's obvious how much work you've put into it. However, gameplay must come first. There are certain physical elements which due to budgetry constraints mean you have to sacrifice aesthetics.

14. LD

LD Ancient

Nice job guys, 12 replys, no download since the link is broken, please fix that as soon as possible OP

15. Exile

Exile Forerunner

It looks alright, but like people said, its not a perfect remake because you left out alot of details.

16. II GUNTHER II

II GUNTHER II Forerunner

ok sorry, sounds like everyone is caught up on the title. let me officially rename it. then we can get off that subject hahah. new title. ( AN ATEMPT TO BRING BACK THE BEAUTY OF ZANZIBAR, ITS NOT PERFECT) hahah there :]

Added after 7 minutes:

i will be wroking on v2 here soon. takign all of this advice into credit. and i will be making it as acurate as possible while taking out the main asthetic look i was shooting for in the first one. if it needs to be competitive, ill do my best to make it fun to play on.

#16 II GUNTHER II, Oct 7, 2010
  17. mrob

mrob Forerunner

honestly looks pretty good but i saw some stuff missing. walkway around from camp froman to the generator base is one for instance.

18. Harmonica

Harmonica Forerunner

Not in the original (and best!) Zanzibar.

19. II GUNTHER II

II GUNTHER II Forerunner

i think the download link is not working... how do i fix that. and thanks harmonica for being one of the only positive feedbacks on here hahah i was getting discouraged.

20. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

Wow, this looks pretty nice. Love the map. I only wish you added the walkway from the sniper spawn to the indoor area. I don't know what its called. This map is nice. Good remake in your image.