Lapis v2.2

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Full Sail, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Full Sail

Full Sail Forerunner

While building Lapis, my goal was to create a fully functional design that asthetically told a story to the player - to that end I am confident that goal has been met

Special thanks to LF jVjaSoN for helping me brainstorm the smaller base and silo...

the following people have contributed in various ways...some with testing, some with desgin...some with feedback...all are instrumental in Lapis getting to the point where it is...I do appologize for not adding this list initially...

SecretSchnitzel
    shinobi zeeb
    VanisH III
    lx TommY xl
    Seven oh Three
    I Revived I
    Controlix

Equipment on map
    =================
    sniper x 2
    rocket x 1
    shotgun x 2
    magnum x 3
    needle rifle x 3
    DMR x 3
    plasma pistol x 2
    stickies x 4
    frags x 4
    OS x 1

Pictures -

[​IMG]
    Overview from above main base snipe...

[​IMG]
    Overview from above little base...

[​IMG]
    Detail of main base...

[​IMG]
    Detail of little base and silo...

[​IMG]
    Detail of silo and rock bridge to silo snipe...

[​IMG]
    Looking out from silo snipe...

[​IMG]
    Bridge from below silo snipe...

If you play the map and have ANY feedback, please let me know...though I feel the map is finished, I am open to ideas for improvement...

Enjoy!

EDIT: added thanks

#1 Full Sail, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  2. hollow123

hollow123 Forerunner

LOVE IT!!!! Though theres nothing wrong I think opening up the grasslands more and adding vehicles would defiantly give it some more action packed! Overall though nothing wrong plays great, looks great, and just well put together! Hope to see more from you and with the skills you got, you should try to produce a mini game map, would love to see one by you! :D

3. jacobryandavis

jacobryandavis Forerunner

Checked it out today and I have to say - the aesthetics of the map were done excellently - I really like the natural feel of the map. Also, the flow is very nice - it's easy to navigate and not hard at all to learn. I agree with the post above that mentioned the inclusion of vehicles, that would make it all the more fantastic. You should really consider expanding on this idea, there's a lot of room for potential here. Nice job.

4. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This has improved leaps and bounds since I first saw it. Hopefully we can get some games in on it some time in the future.
    Sad there's no Schnitzel name droppage in the OP. :(

5. Eightball

Eightball Forerunner

Outstanding structural design. This map looks like it plays well, that's for sure. The aesthetics are good and the use of natural and structural resources was forged together perfectly. Maybe add a few ghosts or a mongoose and this map has great potential. Nice work.

6. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

The map looks great, but I disagree with the vehicle comments entirely. Vehicles need a lot more space than this map could offer without doubling the size of the courtyard at least. Vehicles need places to drive around, like the bases in hemorrage or the spire which can be circled and attacked. This is a good map for infantry, but at its current size I feel even a mongoose would be too restricted.

7. Full Sail

Full Sail Forerunner

edited thanks into OP

The very first iteration of Lapis had a ghost and it turned out to serve no purpose...

little side note: if you go to the gate near the bottom of silo snipe and throw a well placed grenade or two, you can get the closest mongoose near enough to the door to get it in the play space, no real advantage to it...but it is fun :)

EDIT: took out the merge bar

#7 Full Sail, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  8. Lf jvjason

Lf jvjason Forerunner

The adjustment on the silo was nice, hopefully the next time your on we can get a play test on it! Great work, keep it up! you have a download from me btw :)

p.s. did you forgot to add a picture of the ocean side? or did you even add a weopon or ability on that side?

9. Full Sail

Full Sail Forerunner

I should have added an ocean side picture...I might post one tonight...the rockets actually spawn in the water...