Legendary DLC Landing Pad

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Val, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

This may very well be the map that gets you your premium. As well as being very aesthetically pleasing it looks like gameplay was incorporated and that can never turn on you. Just that first screenshot with the watchtower base and the slanted boxes at the bottom looks like it would really enhance gameplay.

The thing that I like about this map as well as all your others is that when you play them you could be walking down a hall in the middle of a firefight and say "Wow look at all these amazing interlocks, or Look at these blue boxes." And it is this kind of detail that really adds to the maps. I know that this is a competitive map, but one playing it would have a very hard time telling the difference.

KOTH and oddball look very intense and fun on this map. In your seventh screenshot you can see a very good example of the professional interlocking incorporated into this map. Sorry to hear that this is your last map on avalanche. I just hope your future forging on sandbox turns out well. What maps you planning on making?

2. EonsAgo

EonsAgo Ancient

Awesome map. This one of those maps where you stand and stare at it instead of fighting (kinda like me when I first saw the latest Grifball court and that emblem on the wall). The entire structure is very "believeable", like you could expect this to appear naturally on Avalanche. The building is constructed very nicely, and the curves of the watchtower bases add an aesthetic appeal to the walls and such. I am also a fan of the color coordination, and I have never seen quite a feat I think since Transfusion. It also has multiple pathways weaving through each room, which allows all areas to be accessed easily and so it's not so claustrophobic. Each of the rooms is very distinct, which is good so the player can easily tell where they are and where they need to go. This map focuses on simple aesthetic appeal, which is another thing I like. It's not overly filled with objects, but it still all comes together visually and again, it's believable. I downloaded it, but like usual I don't know if I'll ever do a gameplay review. :/

It looks like the map only works for FFA, is that right?
    Anyway, great map. Don't make any good Sandbox maps too soon, or I might have to buy Halo Wars. :p

3. sourdauer

sourdauer Ancient

dude, this map is such an epic win. im going to go over to my xbox, turn it on, and delete a map on my hardrive just to make room for it. ill give a more in-depth review later, but for now it is this: epic. 5/5 for the post too.

4. supertoaster

supertoaster Ancient

my god... my days of searching for the ultimate Avalanche map is over...
    aesthetics are beautiful, as gameplay im DL'ing it rite now. if this doesn't get featured, something is wrong. Words cannot simply describe the emotions that I found an epic map that isn't on foundry. I'd love to forge with you, i got skillz. anyways, 6/5, you deserve it.

5. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

This is an amazing looking map.
    Lets just see how well it pays and I promise to get back soon with a
    full review.

6. SkullBad

SkullBad Ancient

i have played this with my friends and it is by far one of the best KOTH and FFA maps ever. If this doesn;t get featred i'm gonna shoot myself

7. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

You have a huge chance of getting Premium. This map really amazes the viewer because your forging is so clean and precise.

The layout looks entirely different from all other maps. I shall play a game on this epic map. I promise, I'm also giving you a full-scale review when I played a game on this.

8. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

Val this looks incredible. A map like this really takes some skill and patience I'm sure. Probably one of the most impressive maps I've seen, I just wish I had a working xbox to fully check it out. Maan the more I look at the pics the more awesome it gets. And youre British too hurrah! If this doesn't get the recognition it deserves I will eat my own face.

#28 Mallet, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  9. Inactive user 452356

Another great map from Val. This map plays wonderfully, it looks eye-pleasing too. I hope this gets featured so you become a Premium.

#29 Inactive user 452356, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  10. Celestial Panda

Celestial Panda Ancient

You get a DL from me. It reminds me very much of Halo:CE, and I like that.
    It's different, it looks fantastic.
    I'll see if I can get a game going and play it.

11. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Sweet map, Val. The only question I have from the pictures is that I wonder if it would be confusing inside the rooms? Considering that everything is the same grey color, it looks like it would be very easy to get turned around or get lost in the map. However, that's just from the pics. I'll definitely check this out, (maybe in TGIF tonight?) and get back with a full review. I hope this is good enough to net you that Premium that you so deserve.

12. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

K, so I clicked on the post thinking, "this might be cool"
    and then I saw that it was made by a non colored name member and i was all like ooo this fails no dl

Just kidding! Your map looks like a real piece of work. How you constructed this over avalanche I can only guess, but it looks fantastic. Scopulus's comment on how it looks like a halo 1 map is so right. This reminds me a lot of halo 1's maps and style minus fall damage.

Either way a definite download and would be great to see this featured and you made premium.

13. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

This map is a diamond in the rough. It's been a long time since I've seen a map with this level of thought and design put into it. I'm very impressed with the map. It's refreshing to see a map of this quality and the gameplay it offers. I didn't have any complaints except for some issues which happend only at the start of the game. We had six players going yet in the sniper room, two players would spawn. It's not the worst thing in the world, but players expect to have a at least a few seconds before combat so they can have time to strategize.

14. Val

Val Ancient

True i guess that would be down to there are only 5 enviroments in total. It was something i picked up in testing and since re-shuffled the spawns

15. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Maybe, you could change the starting spawns to one in crate room, one in the shield door room, one in the snipe room, one in pad room and two along the outer catwalk. That might help, if things still need ironing out and you don't know what to do, maybe I could help. The map, as far as geometry goes, doesn't need improving. I highly enjoyed playing elimination on it. Since there's only two ways into each area, except for the center room it makes for excellent gameplay. I'm sure it will play epicly for 1v1s as well.

16. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

I'm in the same boat as Rusty. Aesthetically it's a masterpiece, gameplay is great and the design and layout are excellent but it could be better. Altering the starting spawns like, Rusty suggested, would probably make a difference. Perhaps another weapon to liven it up, nothing huge, perhaps a spiker or plasma rifle. Just a suggestion.

I loved the map as a whole though. It's one of the most beautiful competitive maps I've seen, the coloured coordinated blue boxes is stunning; you've made outstanding use of the objects at your disposal. Additionally there's fantastic flow, there's always somewhere to go. Never did I feel disoriented or lost when playing. Main issues I was finding was spawning in the same room as someone. I played a few games on this during TGIF. One of which was a 14 player FFA, which was actually hectically fun, 6 player Elimination and another FFA game which stared as 1v1 but ended as 5 person. Gameplay would vary from fast paced charging to slow paced tactical chases. I really enjoyed it. Chances are this could be the map to fulfill Nemihara's prophecy.

17. Leoparddude

Leoparddude Ancient

Wow this is very tastey eye candy :) Color coding all those boxes must of been the biggest pain in the butt ever! I've yet to play this due to an unfortunate grounding (And right before the new map pack!!!) but I cant wait. I can't give a thorough review of gameplay because of that but this still owns. Great Map!

18. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

This deserves a feature for it's holy **** anthesteics, and mother F'n color code. Seriously this has an own map feel to it that's amazing. 200/5 good job!

19. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

By the looks of it, it does look like a really nice map. Though, I would like to get some games on it. --Giving it's "small" size would a 2v2 be best? (I would like to know so I can get the right amount of people on it so when I play I get the best out of the gameplay.

20. Val

Val Ancient

2v2 or 1v1 are best for slayer. 6 people for KOTH