Lacking Inspiration :(

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Bro Bob, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Bro Bob

Bro Bob Forerunner

Hey guys, at the moment I am lacking inspiration :frustrated:
    So I was wondering what do you guys do to get your imagination flaring?

2. torched frog

torched frog Ancient

i listen to a bit of eckart tolle, inspiration goes when you stop playing around and start trying to focus.

3. ANTI YOU

ANTI YOU Ancient

google image various styles of architecture. look for cool buildings and architectural features in your own community. play the campaign and look for inspiration there. anything around you can be inspiration if you allow yourself to think of it.

4. Bro Bob

Bro Bob Forerunner

Thanks guys :)

5. BLT Tasty

BLT Tasty Forerunner

you could think of what other people have done, and see what you could do from their ideas? not copying though :p

6. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

I have had that problem on and off. Really it takes time, look and observe everything you can. Find something interesting. Make a design/layout using it as an inspiration. That's what I do anyway. Hope it helps!

7. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I just look at what Halo maps have done in the past. That usually gives me a few ideas.

8. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

Listen to trance while perusing the Reach Custom Content forum here. Gets me every time.

9. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

I stop playing the Xbox and sit down on the couch, maybe watch a little TV or go for a walk till something hits you. You have to have a general idea of want you want to create before you start getting inspiration.

10. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Your problem is probably that your forging style is random, so You mess around in forge until stuff comes together. Problem with this is that you aren't drawing inspiration from anything.

Your best option would be to go and plan out your maps before forging, maybe draw some sketches and take some notes.

11. Bro Bob

Bro Bob Forerunner

Hey guys, thanks for all your help, i have somthing now :D I just typed in "Architecture" into images found some cool hallway i started to make, and my school had a revamp and named the main entrance hall The Atrium (hall in Latin right) so that kinda got me thinking and i am making a map with like a main room with my interpretation of the hallway - thats just a brief thing.. but thanks :D