Labyrinth

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by TheKiNG1325, Dec 16, 2008.

1. TheKiNG1325

TheKiNG1325 Ancient

I'm back. i just revamped my map, and cleaned it up a bit. it really isnt much, but is still fun to play. this is also my first official post, so please go easy on me. i also added a new room and long hallway, making the whole underground part connected. which leads me to the structure of this map. you spawn on the top, and are walled in. it is a blank platform, and there are 4 holes in the floor (be sure to pick the right ones). once you drop down, you're in a series of tunnels stacked with weapons; there are none on the top floor (except a secret sniping spot). however, there is no way back to the top floor. the boxes sticking out can be mistaken for sloppiness, but they are supposed to be there, and are areas of cover - without them, you would find yourself helpless a lot. nonetheless, it is still a bit sloppy (by terms of merging and whatnot), and i wish i had worked harder at the beginning of the making of Labyrinth. but are maps all about aesthetics? (voice in background) "no!". right. its about gameplay. thats where i think this map exceeds. there is a lot of tension, and competitive-ity, especially in the first few seconds of the game (since all players spawn at the same spot). it also does not have a specific gametype, but is suggested for 3-5FFA, or 3-4v3-4. link time-
    Map:
    Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details
    Pics:
    Top view [​IMG]
    Example room 1 [​IMG]
    Example room 2 [​IMG]
    Hallway [​IMG]

note: i know this map is highly escapable, especially with the sniper post outside of the map, but we're on the trust system here, ok? also, lots of thanks to xSharpshooter94 for aiding the noob. also again, this map has only be tested a couple of times and that was back in the first version, so if someone could DL and test, and tell me how the weapons work out and such, it would be very helpful

THERE! how'd i do that time?

#1 TheKiNG1325, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. delaney.99

delaney.99 Ancient

looks good and i like the underground and holes idea. i don't mean to be a ***** like everbody else on this site (they're probally all on their periods), but try to make it non-escapable 4/5

3. TheKiNG1325

TheKiNG1325 Ancient

dont worry, i was prepared for that. if it is suggested much more to do so, and that i need to or else God will smite me, ill build a roof/ higher walls and mover the sniper spot. thank you for the compliment also, it is greatly appreciated

4. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I would clean this up a bit. Little things like interlocking the boxes and geomerging the bridges (to erase the bump) can help with the quality of the map. I can also see some sloppy parts like where the box is kind of blocking half of the bottome hallway.

Also, with a simple grenade jump, I can break your map. Make another layer of walls on top, to keep people in your map.

This could use some more revamping. And next time, just edit your old post instead of creating an entire new one.

5. TheKiNG1325

TheKiNG1325 Ancient

you didnt read my description did you? the boxes sticking out are supposed to be there, they are the only methods of cover. and yes, i know it is very escapable, i didnt really feel like editing that since it is very simple and can be done later. also, that other thread was locked.

6. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

ha thanks for the shout out and i was glad to help the map looks good for your first one and if you keep on trying, you'll get better and better each time!

7. smitty0018

smitty0018 Ancient

As cool as I think you are because you can cuss in your posts and sig, that statement isn't true at all. If you give respect to people, they'll give equal respect back to you. But by looking at your sig, I can make the assumption that you're PMSing more than anyone on this site, so lay off...

OT: Anyway, I like this map. Some parts are a bit sloppy, and like you've been told, it should not be escapable, but overall a good map. I myself don't like labrynth / tunnel games, but for those who do, it should be pretty enjoyable.

I'll give you a 7/10

8. TheKiNG1325

TheKiNG1325 Ancient

No problem about the shout out; i would have been lost without the tut on embedding my screens with photoshop. thanks for the encouragement too. i like to make maps from time to time, and my friends say im really good at it. but compared to the people on these forums on a scale from 1-10, im like a -1, haha
    also, thank you smitty for the (overall) compliment

9. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

yeah just stay active take a look at our forging 101 tutorials and just work to make the next one 100x better. good luck soilder.

10. mauserman

mauserman Ancient

you should make it unescapable and make some more pictures please that would help also just clean it up a bit so 3/5

11. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

do you know anything? A labyrinth is a structure with only one route. this map is officially worthless.

12. smitty0018

smitty0018 Ancient

How is the map worthless. Your post is more worthless than anything. It's the name of the map. And for your information, a labyrinth can have many paths to a certain destination.

13. TheKiNG1325

TheKiNG1325 Ancient

thanks, and i looked it up on dictionary.com:
    1. an intricate combination of paths or passages in which it is difficult to find one's way or to reach the exit. (its so difficult, that you'll never find it)
    4. any confusingly intricate state of things or events; a bewildering complex.

#13 TheKiNG1325, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  14. evilution101

evilution101 Ancient

Well, I could say something like "the map is easily escapable' like every other person that has posted but I dont think I will. (I guess I did just say it but anway) The map looks ok. I am glad to see thast you got the post fixed and the map has some good qualitiees. I like how their is many different paths that you can take and lots of chioces to make. I would suggest adding in some advanced forgeing teckniques (interlocking and the hated geomerging) because they rreally help a maps aperance which truley doesnt matter if the map has good gameplay. I will download and see how the map plays.I give this map a 4.5/5 and you should definitly make a v2.

I like how you have responded to what everyone who has posted. I t shows that you care about your map.
    "I looked it up in the dictionary" That's pretty funny.

15. TheKiNG1325

TheKiNG1325 Ancient

very intelligent post. thank you for testing it - im eagerly awaiting your review. im also definitely going to make a V2, i already got some ideas for it last night. what im thinking about for it is have one hole that has 4 exits, so looking down on the hole it makes it shaped like an X, then im not sure whether to connect all the hole or do something else...hhmm